The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers seat on Kingham

+3
The Bargee
Dbvwt
Bonniegirl
7 posters

Go down

Drivers seat on Kingham Empty Drivers seat on Kingham

Post by Bonniegirl Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Hi All.  The drivers seat on our Kingham does not swivel round very far. The lever hits the woodwork at the end of the bench seat.  Do others have this problem and has anyone done anything about it. Thanks
Bonniegirl
Bonniegirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Drivers seat on Kingham Empty Re: Drivers seat on Kingham

Post by Dbvwt Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:06 pm

I’m not sure if the Kingham is anything like my Symbol but I’ve long since given up and now just swivel the passenger seat.
Many on here have come up with best methods but for me it was just too much faffing around, especially if up on ramps!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:05 pm

On my Kingham, which might be different since it is rather older, I can turn the seat to point directly aft fairly easily. I do this quite often because the combination of the seat backs and a towel over the headrests gives the same privacy effect as closing the front blinds, and is easier than tidying all the bits & pieces off the dash to close the blinds!

There is a technique which I can’t remember offhand precisely since I just do it automatically, but I think it includes sliding the steering wheel forward, sliding the seat forward, tipping the back rest forward, and rotating the seat anti-clockwise, but not necessarily in that order! It’s not difficult, but you have to work out the technique, then practice makes perfect! Good party game!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Bonniegirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:34 pm

Much the same on the Nuevo except I don't have to tip the back rest.  This maybe because of the seat position I use when driving.  The steering wheel must be slid forward.  If the front of the seat base touches the end of the bench seat, I slide the front of the seat away from the bench seat.  The critical bit is ensuring the seat when fully rotated clears the fully applied hand brake.  Its difficult at first but easy after that.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:44 am

I think it was Paul who suggested this but I may be wrong, to help with rotating the drivers seat put a couple of washers on the one side of the handbrake so that it is off sett slightly and the seat can turn without releasing the handbrake.

My van handbrake seemed to come like that and it works ok.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Angleseygirl Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Quite a few people on the Kingham FB group have altered the end sofa panel so that the drivers seat can swivel fully. I haven’t as I like to put my feet on the passenger seat.
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:08 pm

Angleseygirl wrote:Quite a few people on the Kingham FB group have altered the end sofa panel so that the drivers seat can swivel fully. I haven’t as I like to put my feet on the passenger seat.
Drivers seat in my 2014 WXL doesn't swivel, but passenger one does, I often turn passenger seat 90 degrees and sit with feet on drivers seat while management prefers stretching out on rear seats
Bilbobaggins
Bilbobaggins
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down