The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz trim pieces

3 posters

Go down

Topaz trim pieces Empty Topaz trim pieces

Post by DaveWalsh Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 am

hello,
We have a Topaz that is beginning to show its age! The fixings in the black horizontal trim pieces on both sides are rusty, seized or loose - before I attempt to strip anything I’d like to find out what these are fixed to, is it into the metal bodywork or into wood bonded to the body? I don’t want to wreck anything as some fixings can’t be removed and will have to be drilled out!
Thanks in advance 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DaveWalsh
DaveWalsh

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Topaz trim pieces Empty Re: Topaz trim pieces

Post by Steve&Veronique Mon May 06, 2019 8:51 am

Hi i'd also be interested to know what they screw into. It seems to hide the join between the original metal roof and the grp hi-top. What l did find was an amazing amount of leaf mould trapped behind ours which also blocked the two drainage holes, one near the windscreen corner and the other about an inch from the rear edge. Its also held in place with mastic along the bottom edge, i suspect removal would be quite awkward.
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Topaz trim pieces Empty Re: Topaz trim pieces

Post by repoort Mon May 06, 2019 10:21 pm

...if you simply put "gutters" in the search box on the right hand side of the header, there comes up some posts concerning the black mouldings from members with the same problems, and hopefully you'll find something useful.
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down