The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone fitted reversing sensors to a PVC?

+7
Lorfal
RogerThat
kaspian
Paulmold
Gromit
Tinwheeler
Dbvwt
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone fitted reversing sensors to a PVC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone fitted reversing sensors to a PVC?

Post by rgermain Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Thanks everyone, now how does that rear bumper come off......  hugegrins

Cannot really remember, but must have been easy as I am not known to have a lot of patience!

You could Google it and also look at pfjones for advice under towbar fitting as the bumper has to be removed.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Anyone fitted reversing sensors to a PVC? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone fitted reversing sensors to a PVC?

Post by MelB Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Thanks everyone, now how does that rear bumper come off......  hugegrins
Its a long time ago but I believe my rear bumper was already fitted with indentation marker points to drill and fit the reversing sensors. An  hole saw for drilling the holes on the bumper, for the sensors to fit in, came with the kit. There was sufficient room behind the bumper and the frame of the van to seat the sensors into the bumper and thread the cable into the van without removing the bumper. Your bumper of course might be different to mine.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 am

Thanks again all, comprehensive replies as usual.

The final plan is to buy one of those cup holder mounts as a cheap and simple fix for now, also investigate rewiring/hiding the wires behind the dash as mentioned and possibly fitting additional rear sensors (in spring when the weather warms up!!).
David
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauljeff Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 am

Dbvwt
Asked on the autosleepers owners club forum about removing the rear bumper and had a quick reply.
Open the rear doors and there are torx bolts holding it on and a bolt at the end of the bumper on the underside,had a look and seem quite easy to remove,not tried it yet though
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am

Hi - Have just been browsing since I also want to fit sensors to the van I’ve purchased and noticed there are alternatives to the ultrasonic sensors that you have to cut holes for.

Hawk (a UK company just search on google or eBay) make electromagnetic ones which are fitted behind the bumper and so no holes to cut.

Slightly more expensive at £29.99 but may well be worth the extra for the ease of fitting.

These are new to me but am interested.

Rob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am

Meant also to add that when fitting in the past I didn’t remove the plastic bumper since the clips can break so fitted in place - but do check carefully behind the bumper before you drill to make sure there are no brackets, wires etc in the way.

Rob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:38 am

See here for a test of electromagnetic sensors - hmm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also my Peugeot van has a metal rear bumper (except corners) and there are potential issues with that.  

Rob
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2