The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre Pressures Symbol (again!)

+7
Gram
Heanorboy
TJB
chrisk
JandJ
Cymro
mossystone
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyre Pressures Symbol (again!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyre Pressures Symbol (again!)

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:12 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:C & U regulations on Tyre Pressures only says - CL 27 (b)

(b)the tyre is not so inflated as to make it fit for the use to which the motor vehicle or trailer is being put;

Whatever that means. confused3
In normal English I would expect that to be unfit so no, I'm not sure what it means either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tyre Pressures Symbol (again!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyre Pressures Symbol (again!)

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:45 pm

The first part of cl 27 makes it a bit clearer.

1) Save as provided in paragraphs (2), (3) and (4), a wheeled motor vehicle or trailer a wheel of which is fitted with a pneumatic tyre shall not be used on a road, if—

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:34 am

Yes that makes it sensible.

However what it does mean is that you can and should change the pressure if it makes it more suitable. I don't think you could be at fault if you follow the handbook but it does allow an alternative if better.

In my case it would be easy to argue that the handbook pressure is designed to cope with the entire range of axle loads the base van would experience but over the much narrower loading we place on it there is probably a better value. I frequently see goods vehicles presumably empty being driven fast with the back end dancing over the tarmac due to the hard tyres.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2