The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto

+2
astrag60
dtyson
6 posters

Go down

Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto Empty Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto

Post by dtyson Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:53 am

My recently acquired (February) W reg Duetto has a few minor rust spots which I intend to clean up and treat with rust killer. I need to get some matching paint (ivory) to finish the job - is the paintwork by Autosleeper or Ford? If the former is there a source of small quantities of touch up paint...

Cheers,
Dave
dtyson
dtyson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto Empty Re: Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto

Post by astrag60 Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:35 am

You can get the paint from halfords.
astrag60
astrag60

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto

Back to top Go down

Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto Empty Re: Touch up paint for a W (2000) Duetto

Post by boxerman Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:37 am

Your best bet is to go to somewhere who supplies paint to the auto trade. My van is allegedly Bianca 210 but the aerosols I've bought on various occasions and from various suppliers do not match exactly.
I went to a local place and the guy came out to the van with a device and took a reading from the bonnet. He asked if I wanted an aerosol, but I said that I would prefer just paint so that I could use my air brush.
He mixed 250ml for me [minimum they do] and took my name, which he logged onto his computer with 'my' formulation in case I needed more.
The colour is an exact match and the cost was £6:25.

Frank

Last edited by boxerman on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by dtyson Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:47 am

Thanks for the replies. Thinking back, there is a local bodywork place which mixes paint as I used them 20 years ago when I had a Renault Trafic based Autosleeper and needed some repairs. I'll go and have a chat to them.

Cheers,
Dave
dtyson
dtyson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 pm

dtyson wrote:My recently acquired (February) W reg Duetto has a few minor rust spots which I intend to clean up and treat with rust killer. I need to get some matching paint (ivory) to finish the job - is the paintwork by Autosleeper or Ford? If the former is there a source of small quantities of touch up paint...
It's a Ford colour Dave. I once had a small touch up can which, typically(!!) has now got lost among my garage 'stuff'! You may still be able to buy it from a Main Dealer but if not, then as others have said your alternative is a supplier to the auto trade such as those selling body panels. They will mix according to the paint code.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:17 pm

I got mine from fleebay & was a good match.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaphead Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:50 pm

I have used paint from this firm for my car and motor home.  You can get touch up paint or aerosols.  Always been a perfect match.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dave C.
Slaphead
Slaphead
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Medallion (Merc)
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down