The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touch up paint for 1999 Symbol

+2
Paulmold
Robbit M
6 posters

Go down

Touch up paint for 1999 Symbol Empty Touch up paint for 1999 Symbol

Post by Robbit M Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:17 am

Good morning,
Spent the past few days giving the van a good clean and polish. Noticed a couple of small areas that need paint repair. Does anyone know please where I can obtain the correct touch up paint for my van?
Cheers,
Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Touch up paint for 1999 Symbol Empty Re: Touch up paint for 1999 Symbol

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:21 am

The paint code should be in your handbook, I think it's called Bianca White. A body panel and paint supplies should be able to supply a touch up bottle or aerosol. Some Halfords also can mix paint.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 am

I found that the Bianca 210 sold in Halfords and other places was a bit too 'pink' to match mine.
I went to a 'trade' car paint supplier who took a reading off the van with a digital device and he mixed me a 250ml tin of exact match paint. He would have done an aerosol for me if I had wanted it.
£6 or thereabouts I think.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:57 pm

boxerman wrote:I found that the Bianca 210 sold in Halfords and other places was a bit too 'pink' to match mine.
I went to a 'trade' car paint supplier who took a reading off the van with a digital device and he mixed me a 250ml tin of exact match paint. He would have done an aerosol for me if I had wanted it.
That's a very good price and also this is definitely the best way to go as they get the match 100% perfect.

It's surprising how sometimes there can be only a slight difference between shades which isn't always noticeable to the untrained eye. Years ago my late mum had a bump in her Metro damaging the bonnet. I took it to a bodyshop guy i'd used before as his work is really top notch and straight away he noticed one of the doors had previously been resprayed. I'd never noticed and asked how he knew and he told me Rover use two different whites and the door had been resprayed in the wrong shade of white!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

boxerman wrote:I found that the Bianca 210 sold in Halfords and other places was a bit too 'pink' to match mine.

Frank

The 210 paint from Halfords was an acceptable match for my 1995 Harmony. Note that it's sold by Halfords as a FIAT paint, not Peugeot.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 am

Used the Halfords 210  paint and correct under coat on my 2005 Boxer and the paint was a perfect match, my flabber was truly ghasted.
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down