The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer

3 posters

Go down

Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer Empty Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer

Post by ssjohnl Sat May 23, 2015 8:58 pm

I've rubbed a very small patch of paint (less than a 5p size) from the top of my Symbol's side door and thought I could use a touch up paint to fix it. I found the paint code under the bonnet (think it was 453) but can't find any online paint supplier for it.
I could do the 1 hr return trip to my nearest Halfords and have the paint made up but just wondered if anybody had bought any online and could tell me where.
Thanks, John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer Empty Re: Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer

Post by daisy mae Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Would it be an idea to go to an Auto paint outlet?, as they can match the paint to your van as it is now, it does change over time and a paint from the colour code might not look the same when applied, I have found this out when I went to Halfords to get a touch up pen from the paint code I had, nothing like it so I took it back, unused of course. I need it for a stone chip.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer Empty Re: Azure Blue touch-up paint for Boxer

Post by NigelS Sat May 23, 2015 9:33 pm

I've used Paints4U many times for mixing either aerosols or touch up pens etc. and have been very pleased with both the rapid turn-around of orders as well as the quality of the product and colour match. You can find them here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NigelS
NigelS

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Talbot Talisman GL
Vehicle Year : September 1993

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:23 pm

I finally called my local Peugeot dealer who ordered a 'pencil' style touch up paint of the correct shade - he just needed my registration number to get the colour code.
It cost £8.30 and came with a matching container of clear lacquer to finish the job off.
It's all done now and will be useful for any stone chips in the future.

John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down