The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse

3 posters

Go down

Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse  Empty Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse

Post by hat004 Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:10 pm

I recently blew the fuse in the cigarette lighter auxiliary socket outlet in my 2014 Warwick Duo. Not sure why as I always use it for my sat nav and it hasn't happened previously. Anyway on checking in the vehicle handbook it says that the fuse F44, is the cigarette lighter 12 volt socket, rated at 20amps, is in the passenger side dashboard fuse box. Well I couldn't find that fuse box anywhere on the passenger side. Found the one on the drivers side just below the steering wheel, but it wasn't in there. Checked all the fuses in there, all were okay. Then checked the fuse box on the passenger side under the bonnet, no F44 fuse in there either. So I checked all the fuses in there. it turned out that the fuse that had blown was a 10amp fuse number F15. Now according to the handbook that should be a 7.5amp fuse for the left hand main beam. Confused or what! Anyway I then tried searching on the internet and found a post saying that the cigarette lighter fuse is the F15 fuse under the bonnet rated at 15amps. I then contacted three different Peugeot dealerships and none of them could tell me the correct rating for this fuse as their systems do not hold this information. One did suggest that I change the cigarette lighter auxiliary socket for a 12 volt socket as this better handles plugging in sat navs and phone chargers. However they still couldn't tell me what fuse rating to use with the new socket. Surely all the wiring would also need changing if I wanted to increase the fuse rating. Not sure what the difference is between a 12 volt socket and the existing cigarette lighter socket as I thought this was 12 volts anyway. 
Has anyone else come across this situation? Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse  Empty Re: Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Understand your problem!

There are, as you know, 2 12v sockets next to each other, one is a cigarette lighter. I could not get this to work with any known accessory 12v plug (such as sat nav etc) so I removed it and fitted a second "proper" 12v socket. Be advised, this was NOT easy! I reckon Peugeot put that socket first on the assembly line then build the rest round it!

As a general rule, most 12v "power" sockets are marked 10A max these days, so a 10A fuse should be fine. If all you're going to use it for is sat nav, phone chargers etc it'll be well able to cope with that. Mine manages the tyre compressor easily, for example.

The cigarette lighter would have needed more power, hence the 15A fuse for it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse  Empty Re: Cigarette Lighter Auxiliary Socket Fuse

Post by hat004 Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Okay thanks for the info. 

Any idea where I might find the fuse for the 12 volt outlet next to the cigarette lighter socket so that I can check the rating of that fuse?
hat004

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That had some useful info in it, but suspect you may have been there already.

Just nipped out to my one (2011) and see that the aux socket is marked 180w max, rather to my surprise (don't normally see it as a double adaptor is permanently in there. That would be 15A at 12v. So I'd expect that fuse to be 15A at least, poss 20A.

Life used to be a lot simpler than this!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes thanks I had seen that link but couldn't find the F14 fuse that it referred to.

I checked with the Peugeot dealership in order to see if I had the right handbook for my vehicle and they confirmed that it was correct. 

It does say in the handbook that Peugeot reserves the right to modify the technical specs, equipment and accessories without having to update the current handbook. They ain't kidding there!!!!
hat004

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marbarsymbol Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Not sure if this helps locate F14 fuse

Martin
marbarsymbol
marbarsymbol

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Thanks Martin.
The diagrams are the same as the ones in my handbook. Unfortunately they don't match my vehicle in any respect. I don't even appear to have the passenger side dashboard fuse box?
hat004

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Passenger side on a LHD truck is driver side for RHD?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marbarsymbol Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 pm

I think I know where some confusion is coming from.
The handbook is for a van not a camper van conversion. As attached new link the underbonnet fuse box for a Fiat Ducato Camper Base vehicle is different in fuse allocation and amp rating of fuses, to those given for a Ducato or Peugeot Boxer van.
From this revised link you will see the cigar and 12 volt sockets are fuses F15 and F14.
See "Engine Compartment fuse box" at the lower part  of this link and it should be the same as your Peugeot based camper.

N.B. both fuses are rated as 15 amp

Martin
marbarsymbol
marbarsymbol

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:14 am

From this revised link you will see the cigar and 12 volt sockets are fuses F15 and F14.

Yes Martin this is the same fuse location on the 2014 PUG Boxer, Kemerton.

With regards to fuse locations a further suggestion was put on the forum a few years ago, cannot remember by who, but here it is:
Fuse box layout
If you persist with Peugeot Customer Relations they will eventually refer your query to a Customer Services Manager. He will have access to a technical team.
Ask for your query to be escalated to someone who can respond.
The Master Technician at all Peugeot Dealerships has direct access to the Peugeot Technical team via his/her Planet Peugeot system.
I know this because before I retired I was consultant engineer in charge of the Peugeot technical team for its world operations.
All wiring diagrams are available to the Master Technician via the systems set up in the dealership however these are only electronic via the internet they are not in paper form.
Result. ‘I spoke to Robins and Day in Stockport [local Peugeot dealer] and the very nice man there photo-copied me the relevant pages from their Peugeot on-line technical support system. Perfect!

Sorry to say in my case I did not meet a 'very nice man' when I asked for a copy at my local Peugeot Dealership.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks Martin.

Yes from the link you provided the Engine Compartment Fuse Box Matches the one I have on my vehicle. Clearly both F14 and F15 should be 15 amp fuses. Can't understand why the cigarette lighter fuse which blew was a 10 amp fuse. Odd as I have owned the vehicle from new and haven't previously changed any fuses?
hat004

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marbarsymbol Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm

I think the cigar lighter fuse that I blew was 10 amp original install. I guess if the manufacture can't put the relevant info in his handbook it is not suprising he installs the wrong rated fuse and that a foot pump blows it so easily !
marbarsymbol
marbarsymbol

Male

Back to top Go down