The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto

+3
tallslimdave
AutoSleepy_Don
Laurie42
7 posters

Go down

replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto Empty replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto

Post by Laurie42 Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I have a duetto which was manufactured in 2004 my leisure battery has just died I call Auto-Sleeper they tell me I need to remove the driver's seat which should be 4 or 6 bolts has anybody done this and could give me any advise
Laurie42
Laurie42

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto Empty Re: replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:26 pm

asof_welcome2

I did the same on a 2002 Symbol which ofcourse is not the same as you have a transit. The common advice is to stand behind the seat when lifting it out of the way. It was not really difficult.

Someone else who knows the Duetto will be along soon.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto Empty Replacing leisure battery on duetto

Post by tallslimdave Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:53 pm

hi. Guess it's a mk6 transit ,so take the seat out possibly torx type bolts x4 lift seat away and rest on bench seat,Heavy with sharpe projections,release battery clamps noting cable runs and Vent tubes! Can be a struggle but take care! Replaced bolts with hex head sockets bolts for next time! Have fun ,Dave h
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Back to top Go down

replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto Empty Re: replacing the leisure battery on a Duetto

Post by Spospe Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Your Duetto is on a MK6 Transit and it is an easy job to remove the driver's seat. There are 5 x 40 Torx bolts holding the seat in place, two on the offside and three on the nearside. The seat is quite heavy, but can be managed by one person, especially if the driver's door is open and you put the seat onto the bed behind it. There is no need to disconnect the seat belt. Recommended battery is a Varta LFD90.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie42 Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:44 am

Thank you for your replies I have now removed the seat and it was quite straight forward
Laurie42
Laurie42

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi I've just changed the leasure battery in my recently acquired 2001 Duetto. I just loosened the three retaining bracket 10mm bolts then slide the drivers seat all the way forward and just disconnected the terminals and lifted it out. Less than 2 minutes to remove.
Joe
Joe

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto GX
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 pm

If you only have one battery under seat, possible to remove without taking seat out, I have the Ford mark 6 and I have two batteries under the drivers seat, the starter battery and a 90ah Varta leisure battery, so my seat has to come out.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 am

Yeah my Duetto is also a mk6 with both batteries under the drivers seat. I will be fitting the solar pannel lead to the leasure battery today and will take a photo of the seat slid forward with clear access to both batteries.
Joe
Joe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joe
Joe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Mine is a Mk5 so procedure is dead simple. Open bonnet, loosen clamps and retainer bar......lift battery out!   smile!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down