The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair.

+5
moggyminor1966
rosgrech
CC
roli
rov-ypa
9 posters

Go down

New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair. Empty New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair.

Post by rov-ypa Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi. I can get hold of a new exhaust from a german seller on ebay for my 1988 mk3 1993cc petrol transit flair. before I can buy one I need to find some info about the engine to be sure I order the correct type of exhaust.

I need to know what is the hp of the 1993cc engine and what is the model name of the engine. im being asked for the engine code. I wonder if the german seller on ebay means the engine number. will the engine number be found on the vin plate or is it only seen on the engine block itself.

Once I have the info to hand I can then order the exhaust.

I don't no much about the engine so I thought I should ask here.

Thanks for replies.

rov-ypa
rov-ypa
rov-ypa

Auto-Sleeper Model : Flair

Back to top Go down

New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair. Empty Re: New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair.

Post by roli Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:08 am

Go on the Ford Transit Owners Forum and see if you can get the info there as the Flair is a van conversion it should be the standard exhaust.

I have been looking for the URL of another site for you (think I got the details off the tranny site anyway) where you put your chassis number in and bingo - it will tell you all about your motor when it was made and full info. If I find it I will put a post on here anyway. I bet someone else will know the site and post also I just cant remember what its called
(in my case its brain cells going dead!!!)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair. Empty Re: New exhaust for a mk3 transit flair.

Post by roli Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 am

Found it in another browsers bookmarks :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Handy for anybody with a Ford Vehicle
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:24 am

As roli has said the Flair is a standard Transit base so the exhaust should be standard, having owned a few Transit vans over the years all the exhaust systems were the same with exception the rear tailpipe outlet that I can remember. You could always visit a local exhaust outlet and clarify with them if roli's links don't give you the info you need.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rosgrech Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 am

roli wrote:Found it in another browsers bookmarks :

It doesn't appear to be able to find mine! Maybe she's too old? I've checked & double-checked.

Sigh broomstick Rosemary

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm

It does not always show up from the Reg. No. but it should find it if you put the vin no. in which you can get from your registration document.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by rosgrech Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:48 pm

moggyminor1966 wrote:It does not always show up from the Reg. No. but it should find it if you put the vin no. in which you can get from your registration document.

The VIN was the only option it offered me anyway - to no avail.

broomstick Rosemary

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by rov-ypa Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:14 pm

roli wrote:Found it in another browsers bookmarks :

Hi Roger. thanks for the link you provided. I entered my vehicle reg and vin number in the search vehicle section on that site and I get a message saying no vehicle details can be found. is there something up with that site or is my van just too old to be on that site?
rov-ypa
rov-ypa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:31 am

rov-ypa wrote:Hi. I can get hold of a new exhaust from a german seller on ebay for my 1988 mk3 1993cc petrol transit flair. before I can buy one I need to find some info about the engine to be sure I order the correct type of exhaust.

Am I missing something here? confused3

Are you living in the UK looking to buy a Transit exhaust from an ebay seller in Germany? If so why?
You would be better off phoning around local independent Exhaust fitters where you will get a much better price (avoid places such as Kwik-Fit etc).

Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 am

I have looked on FordEtis and cant find any date limits or age limits on it, sorry you couldnt get it to work for you as it is a mind of info for most Ford vehicles, not just Trannies, service parts inf etc.

I would echo the warning of buying an exhaust off ebay from Germany (will it be ok for RHD Vehicles ???) when you have an abundant source of exhaust suppliers in the UK - Compared with the likes of Pugeot and VW, Ford Transit spares are cheap and easily found.
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 am

Hi rov-ypa.

Don't know where you are as its not on your profile. But if you are in or near Notts can give you a couple of suppliers. DIY or suppied and fittted. Doubt they will post though.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by rov-ypa Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Would some of you please tell me where i can buy the exhaust from in the uk. im in Bournemouth.

Thanks.
rov-ypa
rov-ypa

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 pm

rov-ypa wrote:Would some of you please tell me where i can buy the exhaust from in the uk. im in Bournemouth.

Thanks.

ATS Euromaster Ltd
1482 Wimborne Road
Bournemouth
Dorset BH11 9AA

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Be careful buying in Europe, we had to have a new exhaust when we were in Holland, the exhaust they fitted went on o.k, but it was for a left hand drive van, and that comes down the opposite side of the van to us, 6 months latter, it snapped where it joined just off the manifold, it was angled slightly differently, and this put a strain on the joint.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by rov-ypa Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks for all your comments and advice. I went to ats europe in poole as advised by a forum member. they ordered a complete exhaust. i think that includeds the maninfold but not sure will ask tomorrow when they fit it. its costing me £170 for vat and fitting. one company in nottingham offered to deliver one for £110 but id have to find someone to fit it so at the end of the day it is just better to let ats do it for the sake of a couple of more tenners or so. at least know when they fix it i wont be getting funny looks from complete strangers as I pass them by what may have sounded like an old tank. it was LOUD! lol.
rov-ypa
rov-ypa

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 am

And the added bonus is you will have some warranty backup if it 'falls off'!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down