The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question

3 posters

Go down

Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question Empty Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question

Post by flair Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm brand new to the world of Motorhomes, I have various manuals that has helped me get through most of the vans features, but I'm unsure about this piece of equipment under the fridge.

Could anyone tell me what it is (make/model) so I can look it up online?

Can anyone tell me how it should be used ( I guess it's a charger? but I don't think it may work?)  The meter doesn't change regardless what setting the two switches are on.
When should it be on / off?  What do you think 1/2 mean (different batteries?), do I need to do something with the ZIG dashboard at the same time?

Thanks in advanced for any help that you can shed on this for me.
flair
flair

Male

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper Model : Flair

Back to top Go down

Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question Empty Re: Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:57 am

Hi and welcome to ASOF.
It certainly looks like a charger, but not one supplied by Auto-Sleepers. I'm guessing that it is a normal "home" DIY battery charger that a previous owner has fitted & modified. The 1 & 2 will be to charge either the vehicle battery or the leisure battery. On & Off is self explanatory.
It will only do anything if you are hooked up to the mains, and I doubt if it will have enough output to be used as a 12v power supply as per a "normal" motorhome charger.
I could be entirely wrong 'cos I don't know what is inside  scratch head 

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question Empty Re: Ford Transit 1991 Autosleeper Flair Question

Post by -mojo- Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Agreed - as a previous Flair owner it does not to me have the appearance of anything that A-S would have fitted. It appears to be a modified battery charger, so what it does is entirely down to how whoever fitted it modified and wired it up!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by flair Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks to both of you for your help.
flair
flair

Male

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper Model : Flair

Back to top Go down