The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trooper T5 minor queries

2 posters

Go down

Trooper T5 minor queries Empty Trooper T5 minor queries

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:14 am

Hi

I've just bought a 3 yr old T5 Trooper.
Any idea how to get hold of the radio code for a T5 without paying a lot of money to VW servicing?
Also, the glass heat shield on the end of the cooker (to shield the driver's seat back) is missing the component to hold it upright in place. Can someone please share with me what I need here?

Many thanks

Kargo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Trooper T5 minor queries Empty Re: Trooper T5 minor queries

Post by stevomar Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Kargo

I've just found this on another site:

Check your radio owner's manual for the four digit code. If you cannot find the code you will need to pull the radio from the dash and find the serial number engraved on the side or back of the chassis. Phone your VW dealer and he should supply the code free of charge when you supply the serial number. Now that you have the number you can enter it into the radio.
procedure - With the power on and SAFE showing on the display, press and hold the MODE and SCAN button together until SAFE changes to 1000. Release the buttons and using the first four station buttons enter the radio code.
Use button #1 to change the 1 to the correct code, pressing once will change to 2 twice to 3 etc
Use button number 2 to change the next number etc.

When you have entered the correct code; press and hold the SCAN and MODE buttons together until code disappears and radio comes on.
If you made an error, try again, you have three tries before the radio locks up.

Depending on which head unit it may lock up for different amounts of time depending on the number of failed attempts, I had a Ford once that locked you out for 15 minutes after the first 3 failed attempts, an hour after the next three 3 hours, 6 hours and 12 hours between failures, I had to drive around for the best part of a day without sounds

Hope it helps a little

AS for the Glass Shield component I reckon Auto Sleepers would be your best bet - They've always been very helpful when I've rung the spares department

Stevo

Last edited by stevomar on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Trooper T5 minor queries Empty Thanks Stevo!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

Very useful - thanks!
I asked this question at the Bristol VW Commercials and they said they would need to plug it in and charge me £30 for the privilege!
Cheers
Kargo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Trooper T5 minor queries Empty Re: Trooper T5 minor queries

Post by dandywarhol Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Kargo wrote:Very useful - thanks!
I asked this question at the Bristol VW Commercials and they said they would need to plug it in and charge me £30 for the privilege!
Cheers
Kargo

Robbin' * Inappropriate Word * - biggest problem is getting the * Inappropriate Word * thing out if you haven't got the tools.......................

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down