The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trooper t5 awning

3 posters

Go down

trooper t5 awning Empty trooper t5 awning

Post by sinky2 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi
After a very wet festival in Dorset I have decided to buy a wind out awning. I have ordered the brackets from Autosleeper and a Fiamme awning from ebay. Before I get stuck into this does anyone have any tips on fitting or better still a photo of one fitted.
Nice to be among friends again
Kind regards
Simon
sinky2
sinky2

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper t5

Back to top Go down

trooper t5 awning Empty trooper t5

Post by sinky2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I have just fitted a 2.6 awning to my trooper using some very expensive Autosleeper brackets . I would love to hear from anyone you has also done this.
The fiamma instructions told me I should use the 3 brackets and fit in the marked areas. I rang Autosleeper and they faxed me a plan of how to fix.
The autosleeper instructions tell me only 2 brackets and the positions are nowhere near the Fiamma marks.
It feels nice and strong but I know, when I am bowling down to the south of france I will get slower and slower the more I think of the missing brackets.
simon
sinky2
sinky2

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper t5

Back to top Go down

trooper t5 awning Empty There's someone else...

Post by Hotwells Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Are you aware of Paul's posting?

Trident Fridge T5 2005
Paul on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Just a quick one for you to check if you have the same trouble ( T5 Trident fridge not lighting on gas ) I took the bottom plastic cover off the outside of the vehicle and disconnected the gas supply from the brass jet mount and found the jet is separate cup like item held into the brass housing by the gas pipe, when I took my jet out it had a milky type dried substance over the jet hole.

once this was cleaned and the jet hole exposed again I reassembled it and it has worked fine ever since.

I have recently installed a Fiamma 2.6 awning using the genuine Autosleeper blocks and took plenty of pictures of the whole process I wanted to put them on line here with a description of the job but cant work out how to attach pictures from the icons above anyone know how ??

Paul

Paul

Auto-Sleeper: T5 Trident

Hotwells
Hotwells

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

trooper t5 awning Empty Awning fitting

Post by Paul Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Still have not worked out how to attach pictures using a Mac computer but a trooper must use different brackets to a trident. I had the same thoughts about mounting with regard to the Fiamma instructions but found the wooden plates moulded into the interior roof of the Trident matched their drawings they sent me with the brackets I ordered so I went with the Autosleeper fitting instructions.

I have fitted a lot of equipment in my time working on oilfield equipment in various locations in the world and try as I might I could not find any sound reason for Fiamma saying to fit the brackets where they marked them and using three, at the end of the day it is only a roller blind in an aluminium case, any way it is on now with two brackets and fitted vertically as per Fiamma drawing using Autosleeper brackets and it has done 80 mph on the motorway and been wound out 1 meter without legs for a day at the beach and shown no signs of wanting to detach itself from the roof so I am happy with Autosleepers measurements.

I am sure if you took the vehicle to Autosleeper they would attach a Fiamma awning as per their drawings.

Regards,
Paul
Paul
Paul

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Trident

Back to top Go down