The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stratford Queries

5 posters

Go down

Stratford Queries Empty Stratford Queries

Post by Shallweshan'twe Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi

I'm hoping that someone with a Stratford can answer a couple of queries for me as we've had our first van for 6 weeks and seem to be hitting a brick wall over a couple of things with the dealer.

1) TV - We have the 10" Avtex which lives in the sliding panel cupboard. Our dealer has fitted the most basic of brackets so it doesn't twist or tilt. In order to see the picture clearly you need to be sat right in front of it at the right level which involves sitting on a couple of cushions to get the right height!!  There are other holes in the backing panel so there has obviously been a different bracket on there at some point but we don't know what and it seems that the majority we look at are too deep. The closest thing I can find to what we want is the Svensen 6.0 but this is only ever described as a undercupboard mount so I don't know whether it would be strong enough to hold the TV if we used it as a wall mount. So, what bracket do other Stratford owners have.

2) Occasional table at front of vehicle - Does anybody have the small occasional table that fits onto the outside of the bathroom wall for use with the passenger seat when it's turned round. There are screw covers in the wall so presumably at some point the fittings have been there. Our dealer has agreed to fit the table and the branch we purchased from has ordered the fittings but not the table top confused3 . Our local branch are having difficulty working out how it fits. It wouldn't surprise me if Branch 1 has ordered the wrong items!! I cannot find a picture anywhere with the exception of this but you can't see how it fits (in the description on p88 it mentions being fitted to a socket on the corner of the washroom and the picture on p89 it looks like you can just see a bit of the arm.
[url=http://www.marquismotorhomes.co.uk/uploads/reviews/Stratford - Practical.pdf][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Does anyone have any pictures of what it should look like before they start drilling holes in the floor of the van which was mentioned the other day:confused3:
Shallweshan'twe
Shallweshan'twe

Female

Member Age : 40
Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford

Back to top Go down

Stratford Queries Empty Re: Stratford Queries

Post by roli Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Can you go on introductions please as we request before posting - thanks
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 pm

There is anothr thread that may be helpful
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That was aimed at a different van but the bracket that I recommended there may well solve your TV problem.
You should get a response soon re the table. Most folk here are very helpful. Hopefully, someone will post a photo! Sorry I can't help on that.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Southwaite Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Re Stratford queries
1) As the little TV is rubbish anyway I took the decision to ditch it completely along with that silly bracket!
I have now bought a bigger TV which I store over the cab when not in use together with a fully adjustable bracket & a quick release plate.I fitted the new bracket in place of the old one so that it still slides out of the way & it seems to take the weight without any problem.
While you are messing about with the TV it is worth removing the back of the wardrobe (only 6 screws) & cutting a small access hole so that you can get at the aerial socket & the 12volt socket.
2) Front table-this is fitted into a tubular bracket which as you say is mounted on the outside of the toilet compartment wall & I would have thought this was a standard AS part.
If the rain ever stops I will try & get a photo but I am not holding my breath!
Best of luck
Southwaite
Southwaite

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by melcragg Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Good afternoon all. I'm selling my Autosleeper Sherbourne for an Autosleeper Stratford (Actually a Marquis Dorset EL - Same thing) and the Stratford doesnt have the TV fitted. I want to fit a little Avtex as mentioned earlier in this thread and not sure which model to buy. I have spotted a possible one on Ebay..... Is this suitable?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melcragg

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down