The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification

4 posters

Go down

Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification Empty Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification

Post by Baggiecamper Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 pm

If like me you find the rear seat back board needs one had to hold it up while trying to sort the under seat storage then here is a simple mod.
Screw an additional press stud fastener onto the back seat back board.
The cloth strap can then be wrapped around the front passenger seat belt and secured to the new stud.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Ixionman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification Empty Re: Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification

Post by frederic Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:11 pm

On our Duetto, I push a torpedo shaped knee pillow between the bottom of the flap and the rubber sliding door stop, or let Ann pack the storage box by putting her leg inside and holding the flap up with her ??? hugegrins  (picture unavailable)
Both work equally well.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification Empty Re: Symbol Rear Seat Minor Modification

Post by Dbvwt Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Richard, we must have far too much time on our hands!! Only today I was cursing the back board once again, having to hold it with one hand while sorting stuff with the other!
There is so much useful storage space under there and your mod is cheap and impressive.
As I’m a bit of a ‘mod freak’ myself however, I will challenge myself to come up with something even more impressive!

Last edited by Dbvwt on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Duplicate

Last edited by Dbvwt on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiecamper Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Dbvwt wrote:.......... I will challenge myself to come up with something even more impressive!

Strut your stuff - life's a gas  up!
Can't believe such a problem exists on a £50k+ piece of kit. My fix cost 10p  frustrating

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:30 am

I just removed the wine bottle storage panel - then you can access the entire area from the little door in the base of the seat.

Also opens up the area a lot more as we never used it with those bottle holders in there.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:39 am

That’s a good idea Greyhound.

Must admit I’ve already removed the wine bottle clips and now use it to house the fire extinguisher and 4 large 2litre bottles of my favourite cider....sorry lemonade!
Much better use of what I agree was a nice touch but a bit of useless space in a compact van.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down