The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo problem

+3
KimF
burlingtonboaby
Motorwaycafe
7 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo problem Empty Warwick Duo problem

Post by Motorwaycafe Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:55 pm

On the 5th September I had my habitation check done by Marquis of Durham as I was due to go on holiday in a couple of weeks. When I arrived the side door operated as normal. However on completion of the work I could not open it. (The mechanic used the side door entry)
I pointed this out to the service manager, who after having a mechanic looked at it said they could not fix it and it was up to me to take it to a van dealer and get it sorted. 
So much for their customer care!!Warwick Duo problem 256783

It took almost a month for the Peugeot dealer to have it fixed.- the part was not available for a one year old van!!
It was possible to use the van without having to enter through the side door, but not have use of the toilet, as the cassette cannot be accessed without opening the door.
Have AS thought about that sinario?
So there you have it - just a note to advise all of you about the door problem should you have a van with the toilet access behind the side door.

PS - I will be using a different dealer for habitation checks and a van service agent elsewhere.
Motorwaycafe
Motorwaycafe

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo problem Empty Re: Warwick Duo problem

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm

There's been a lot of discontent with Marquis dealerships over the years .your not alone.
Did you use the Peugeot dealership in Scarborough ?, I found them very pricey.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo problem Empty WARWICK DUO PROBLEM

Post by KimF Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:59 pm

What was actually wrong with the door ?
KimF
KimF

Male

Member Age : 68
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorwaycafe Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 pm

I never found out what was wrong. Just told it was fixed by the lady on reception. The problem was that the central locking seemed to be stuck on 'closed' and the handles both internally and externally would not open the door.
It was NOT the Scarborough garage that I used for the repair. They have been very helpful when I have had cause to visit them.
Motorwaycafe
Motorwaycafe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:14 pm

It could have been that the door was double-locked and got stuck in that mode. Did you try locking / unlocking / double-locking / unlocking to see if that cleared the problem?

Normally when a door is double-locked (and will not unlock) it is a major problem to get it open and one which involves destroying the internal panelling to get at the mechanism.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:42 am

I wonder if this is related to the Quality Recall I posted about earlier

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it was related, to be fair to Marquis, it would be up to Peugeot to fix the repair but they could have handled the situation better.

I never found out what exactly the problem was, as like motorwaycafe, the receptionist just told me my van was not affected and the service manager was off site when I went to collect the van.

Good point that it would render the van unusable toilet wise. I must admit I was concerned when I got the recall because of  how they would have been able to access the side door internals. This would entail taking the door off as you can't get to the half of the screws holding on the décor panel.

One does wonder how they manage to open the door to make the repair scratch head

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorwaycafe Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:10 pm

As far as I know they were able to pull back the panelling on the inside of the door to release the catch.
From there they were able to remove the door completely.

One thing they found and the garage was totally unaware of is that there is a small child lock switch at the right hand edge of the door where the door closes. It can only be seen when the door it open.
Motorwaycafe
Motorwaycafe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spadger Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 pm

We had a similar problem with our
Sliding door, the internal Mech broke ,  vans 8mths old, van bought from Birtley Marquis, Peugeot wouldn't fix it because the interior had been altered, so back to Marquis, they removed panel on door, took back to Peugeot , refused to fix as the van was not original Peugeot spec, back to Marquis, who eventually repaired it after a two to
Three week runaround, seems crazy and god
Forbid anything serious happens to van , will email autosleepers as I'd like to think their warranty on a new van is honoured somewhere!
Spadger
Spadger

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorwaycafe Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:57 pm

I would be quite surprised if Auto Sleeper management were not following this site daily!

Similarly someone from Marquis no doubt keeps a watch on comments on their performance.
You like I must remember the days when the customer came first, not the business bottom line.
The best promotion for a business is customer recommendation.
Motorwaycafe
Motorwaycafe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spadger Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:32 pm

To be honest I think the young lad on the service desk tries his best but I think it probably depends on the local Peugeot dealers interpretation of the warranty , I ordered a towbar from the Gateshead Peugeot dealer ( robins /day ) inc fitting , explained it was a mh , they were fine to take my money but then refused to fit , they were the ones who refused the door lock job , crazy situation
Spadger
Spadger

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by markwhittam Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Sadly I can only confirm that any issues with Auto-Sleepers and Marquis are sadly lacking in sorting or dealing satisfactorily with customer support and find that they would rather blame the owner in the first instance before actually dealing with any issues. Once it has been proved that there is a fault or problem they find it hard to profer an apology. 
I have had a 5 week period in to and froing from Auto-Sleepers HQ in Worcester to Marquis to my local Mercedes Commercial Dealer who pointed out the problem with the habbitation side and still Auto-Sleeper refused to acknowlege fault. I eventually got a third party to sort the issue which quite clearly showed that AS HQ had'nt put an electrical connection back correctly resulting in certain things not working. The supplying dealer I used to buy the MH from who are independent from AS but a long way from me have been more than helpfull even to the point of refunding my costs regardless of Auto Sleepers stance.
I'll be taking it back to them for service thats for sure. Still such a shame as it could be so much better.

markwhittam

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Malvern, now Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down