The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door

4 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door Empty Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door

Post by Gillyhar Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:24 am

Well, this is a new problem.  I have re glued the veneer on the locker doors a few years ago when it started to peel away above the chrome strip, but this is entirely different.  It affects the area around the mirror, as far down as the fold down shelf.  We have never used the room as a shower so it has never been left wet.  
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

I was thinking of squeezing/injecting some glue behind the veneer and trying to press it back. If it looks bad, then maybe cover it with flexible adhesive tiles?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Gilly[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gillyhar
Gillyhar

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door Empty Re: Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door

Post by Wigley Woggled Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:54 pm

We started to have veneer peel away, mainly at the door edges. We used Evostic contact adhesive which we also used on our house kitchen draws and cupboards, again mainly at the edges.

I applied the glue using a child's paint brush, left for a few minutes then pressed together. Also used masking tape to hold the fix together for say half a day.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps
Wigley Woggled
Wigley Woggled

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door Empty Re: Warwick Duo problem inside of toilet door

Post by Gillyhar Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:03 pm

Thanks for the reply.  I think I’ll try glueing it back and see if it looks ok. If not, then I’ll try to cover it with adhesive tiles or roll. The veneer seems to have shrunk, so the cracks may not butt up cleanly.

I rang Autosleepers to see if they by chance still sold the veneer, but their answer message says the parts/spares do not have phones and anyway can only assist with vehicles from 2019 or newer, and to contact the Owners Club! 

This job isn't high on my to do list, but I’ll post a picture when it’s done.
Thanks
Gillyhar
Gillyhar

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:23 pm

Try searching the AS parts dept list of spares and maybe email contact. It’s 2009, not 2019 - they made a mistake.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:16 am

I think you need to identify the root cause first, have you tried a moisture detector in the cracks, if it is damp you will never permanently succeed in sticking anything to it. I know you don't use it as a shower but these small rooms can get quite damp with condensation in the winter if there is no air circulation.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyhar Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:10 pm

Tinwheeler: I couldn’t find a readily available spares list to view online at Autosleeper so have registered and submitted a query.

Monty-Plym: Shower never used, much too snug for comfort!
I run an oil radiator in the van during winter, with the toilet door propped open for circulation, with doors opened on a dry day to give it an airing.

Thank you both for your advice.
Gilly
Gillyhar
Gillyhar

Female

Back to top Go down