The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas problem

4 posters

Go down

Gas problem Empty Gas problem

Post by iceman Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Mk4 Duetto 1995. Gas lights on fridge but ignition continues to click even when gas is lit!!!! confused3 Any advice? Other options, EHU and 12v working okay.
iceman
iceman

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto 1994

Back to top Go down

Gas problem Empty Re: Gas problem

Post by BobK Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 pm

When the gas lights up, it should activate a sensor which in turn should cancel out the spark ignition..... that's in laymans terms. Some of the more "gas orientated" memebers of this forum will be able to explain the technicalities and give you good guidance.

Good luck bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:02 pm

The same was true on my 1999 Flair, and it was like it the whole time I owned the van. I did contemplate getting a new ignition/control unit, but it was such a minor issue that it wasn't worth doing IMO. I used to turn the ignition on until the flame lit, and them turn it off. The shielding around the burner is so good that I never once had the flame blow out, even driving with it lit (yes I know you're not supposed to, but I used to ignore that if only going short distances).

The only time I had it go out was when the gas ran out, and there's not a lot of point it trying to auto relight itself when that happens!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Mojo, Can I assume that if the gas blows out that it will still automatically shut of the gas supply? Don't want to be 'gassed' in my sleep!!!
By the way if anyone else wants to share their experiences with this problem, the model I have is RM4217 Electrolux and I would welcome your contribution. Thanks.
iceman
iceman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

iceman wrote:Mojo, Can I assume that if the gas blows out that it will still automatically shut of the gas supply? Don't want to be 'gassed' in my sleep!!!

Yes - AFAIK they all have to have a flame failure device that works completely independently of the ignition system. This has been the case for many years - for example it was on the Electrolux fridge in our 1982 van.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Gas problem Empty ignitor clicking

Post by ubuntu1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:53 am

It is usually the ignitor box that has failed when you get this symptom. If the flame detection probe had failed then you would expect the flame not to stay lit.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by iceman Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied. Most helpful. content
iceman
iceman

Male