The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak

3 posters

Go down

1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak Empty 1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak

Post by Robbit M Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi there. I have a fluid leak from around the yellow button within the Vent Plunger. The fact that there are alignment arrows on the plunger unit and the cassette case suggests that the plunger unit can be removed to investigate the problem ? But I cannot see how to remove this. Any help would be much appreciated. I attach a couple of photos to show the problem. Keep safe and keep well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/url][/url]

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak Empty Re: 1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:24 pm

If you push down the button and put a piece of wood (or even a spanner) across the button to use the raised shoulders as a lever and twist , if that makes sense.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak Empty Re: 1999 Symbol Thetford C2 Cassette Leak

Post by Robbit M Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks Paul - can always rely on you to help out 👍. I wished you lived nearby. So, one more stupid question - turn clockwise or anticlockwise ?

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm

I think anti to undo and clockwise to replace. I haven't done that valve but it was similar procedure for the main seal.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbit M Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks to advice from Paul I was able to remove the old Vent Plug and decided to replace it with a complete new unit. Bought from Leisureshopdirect.com (their part number 229416) at a cost of 12.02 plus 3.99 postage. May get cheaper elsewhere but I have used this supplier before and am confident they provide genuine spares. Fitted this morning and all now seems good  hugegrins

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback Rob.

I wish everyone would do the same as it could be very useful information for others with a similar problem . . . like me, for instance.

Mine leaks a bit from time to time, so with your and Paul's advice it may well get fixed next time it plays up!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Robbit M likes this post

Back to top Go down