The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL water leak

2 posters

Go down

Warwick XL water leak Empty Warwick XL water leak

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Our neighbours on-site have an XL and there's just been a flurry of activity it because one of them noticed water 'pouring' out from underneath the toilet, just behind the driver. From what we overheard the water only ran when the water pump was switched on. From this I assume the XL has a loo that is fed from the van's main tank, rather than a cistern behind the toilet.

Can anyone suggest what might have caused this leak as I don't think they've resolved the problem. 

PS all this was watched and overheard as we ate our evening meal (chicken chasseur with baked potatoes and green beans.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL water leak Empty Re: Warwick XL water leak

Post by GCCrow Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 pm

HI, probably too late but maybe I can help. I have a Warwick XL 2014.you are correct the toilet flush is fed from the main tank. I once filled up the tank one day ready for a trip the next day. Went out the following morning and found the tank empty. Thought I was having a senior moment so switched off the electrics and refilled the tank. When full I turned on the 12v system back on water gushed from underneath the van on both sides ,beneath the toilet compartment but also from under the floor by the side door.. On investigation I discovered that on the left hand side of the toilet cassette compartment there were two pipes ,one blue one transparent. They were just pushed together without any clips or fastenings. Over a period the water pressure had pushed the joint slightly apart so that when the system was turned on and pressurised the water just flowed out as though a tap had been opened. When Autosleeper warranty services were advised they checked on the production line and found that vans going through production still had the same problem. It was rapidly fixed by putting a jubilee clip on the joint. AS checked out the van and no lasting damage had happened.

Hope that helps

GC
GCCrow
GCCrow

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down