The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL leak

+2
Bilbobaggins
KeithHughes
6 posters

Go down

Warwick XL leak Empty Warwick XL leak

Post by KeithHughes Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Hello all,
I am looking for some help please.
My Warwick XL (2018) has sprung a leak which happens during heavy rain, of which a lot lately.
The water appears at the top of the window to the left of the fridge.
I have used silicone sealant at the top of the window on the outside, but it has not fixed it.
I understand that the water may be tracking from an ingress point not directly above where the water appears internally.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or knowledge of leaks around these windows?

I am hoping it is the window seal, and not the van envelope itself somewhere up near the roof line.
Any advice on how to properly re-seal the window (perhaps including removal) would be appreciated.

Many thanks for reading

Keith

Last edited by KeithHughes on Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slight wording change)
KeithHughes

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL leak Empty Re: Warwick XL leak

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:10 pm

It is possible the sliding door seal is the problem, with water channelling behind the panel above the fridge. Worth checking if the Interior seal is intact and properly seated on the frame. Othe possibility is the rooflight above the fridge. 

Please update if you make any progress

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

KeithHughes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithHughes Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:It is possible the sliding door seal is the problem, with water channelling behind the panel above the fridge. Worth checking if the Interior seal is intact and properly seated on the frame. Othe possibility is the rooflight above the fridge. 

Please update if you make any progress

Thanks for that Bilbo, I will check up!
KeithHughes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:36 pm

You may be aware already but the water ingress warranty is 6 years so you should be covered (if you kept to the conditions)
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:39 pm

We had water ingress from the top fridge vent on our Kemerton XL. The problem was that the metal sides of the Boxer as it nears the roof are curved, whilst the surround of the plastic fridge vent screwed to the van is flat. There is a gasket but it's asking a lot for it to make a watertight seal, particularly along the top. It really needs some sealant in addition to the gasket.

I eventually traced where the water was getting in and A-S in Willersey reseated the fridge vent. Fingers crossed, this was in 2020 and I think it's be sorted.

I also thought that I was unlikely to be the only one having water ingress from a top fridge vent, it all depends on your Boxer and how high up your top fridge vent has been installed.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithHughes Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:22 am

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:You may be aware already but the water ingress warranty is 6 years so you should be covered (if you kept to the conditions)
I wasn't aware of that Don, so thank you. I will contact AS. As the age of the van is indisputable, should the warranty not apply regardless of what paperwork is to hand? And do you know if the warranty applies only to the original owner, which I am not?
KeithHughes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithHughes Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:24 am

Relaxez-Vous wrote:We had water ingress from the top fridge vent on our Kemerton XL. The problem was that the metal sides of the Boxer as it nears the roof are curved, whilst the surround of the plastic fridge vent screwed to the van is flat. There is a gasket but it's asking a lot for it to make a watertight seal, particularly along the top. It really needs some sealant in addition to the gasket.

I eventually traced where the water was getting in and A-S in Willersey reseated the fridge vent. Fingers crossed, this was in 2020 and I think it's be sorted.

I also thought that I was unlikely to be the only one having water ingress from a top fridge vent, it all depends on your Boxer and how high up your top fridge vent has been installed.
Thanks Relaxez. That's good information and more to check.
I will keep the forum posted as to progress, if any is made.

As I suspected, on checking, the fridge vent is a good way below where the water is appearing, so almost certainly not the source of the leak, but thanks anyway Relaxez. 👍
KeithHughes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:55 pm

I understand Autosleeper stipulate subsequent owner is expected to pay in the region of £100 or more to register for any remaining warranty?

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Easy to pull the centre skylight surround off to look there first, highest point. Take your time pulling down one corner, fittings are plastic knuckles in rubber cups etc, you'll see as you progress.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithHughes Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:07 am

babian wrote:Easy to pull the centre skylight surround off to look there first, highest point. Take your time pulling down one corner, fittings are plastic knuckles in rubber cups etc, you'll see as you progress.
I will try this - thanks babian
KeithHughes

Male

Back to top Go down