The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol washroom refit.

3 posters

Go down

Symbol washroom refit. Empty Symbol washroom refit.

Post by dogseal Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 21:11

Hi to all,
Its been awhile since I posted anything on here, had no major problems with the van over the 5 years we've owned it.
Had a leak at the back of the shower mixer tap which I only found out last weekend while we were away in it, It turned out to be one of the braided hoses to the mixer, behind the wall panel..a pig to get to. Even worse was that the whole floor area under the shower was soaking wet as it was dripping out under the van as well as seeping under the washroom wall ..not good. On returning home on sunday I decided to bite the bullet & sort it out. Out came the cassette toilet, tight fit but it came out easily. Took out all the screws holding the shower tray in, no way would the tray come out as its bonded to the floor...I had to wreck it to get it out. Once I had the washroom stripped I got a dehumidifier in the the van to dry it all out. A call to A/S parts dept on monday confirmed that these trays are no longer available.
I managed to source another shower tray from O'learys, same width as the original but to long so had to be modified to fit...got it all finished today so back to square 1 at last.

Bit dissapointed with the A/S parts availability, but the van is nearly 10 years old..

Tim.
dogseal
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Symbol washroom refit. Empty Re: Symbol washroom refit.

Post by -mojo- Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 22:18

Well done - I know from personal experience that taking A/S conversions apart can be a real pain - because they are put together only with ease of assembly in mind!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 9:30

I also have concerns regarding AS spares availability. Four years ago I required a new locker door, only to be told by AS it was no longer available in the colour I wanted. The van was only seven years old at the time, and every Nuevo I had seen from that era was the same colour interior as mine, so it's not as if it was a short run special. I obtained one second hand eventually.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by dogseal Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 20:27

-mojo- wrote:Well done - I know from personal experience that taking A/S conversions apart can be a real pain - because they are put together only with ease of assembly in mind!
Hi Mojo.
I made a new sub floor out of 12mm ply, glued & screwed together..the original looked like a packing case. I bedded the new shower tray on  non setting mastic so it will come apart easier if I ever have any more problems with it!

Tim
dogseal
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES

Back to top Go down