The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prostor awning tie down kit

+2
Charliefarlie
pootler
6 posters

Go down

Prostor awning tie down kit Empty Prostor awning tie down kit

Post by pootler Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:25 pm

I have been meaning to get something to tie down the awning in windy weather. Has anyone tracked down a kit specifically for the Prostor awning fitted or is a kit from say Fiamma going to do the job?
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Prostor awning tie down kit Empty Re: Prostor awning tie down kit

Post by Charliefarlie Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Can't help other than to say there are lots of tie down straps on that well known auction site. 

I've been trying to find some of those lime green ones as they stand out and are easy to see . Anyone know. ?

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:55 am

We use a Fiamma kit on our Sussex, works well.
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 am

Charliefarlie wrote:Can't help other than to say there are lots of tie down straps on that well known auction site. 

I've been trying to find some of those lime green ones as they stand out and are easy to see . Anyone know. ?
Hi there,

Lime-green, Dayglo-Orange, Fluorescent Yellow ???  allthumbz

I've tripped up over all of them! tap_fingers tap_fingers

One bottle of wine and all tie-down straps become as well camouflaged as a grouse on an open moor! up!

Rather than try and make them ultra visible, I rely on the old adage "God protects idiots and drunks!" .... allthumbz  allthumbz

.... and try to remember that they are out there, lurking in the gloom just waiting to nail me! look here look here look here

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 pm

I bought a Fiamma tie down kit, works fine. It doubles as a washing line, which does tend to make it less of a tripping hazard... Also I put a garden solar light at each of the anchor points. Still stagger into them though after a bottle of red..
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Dutto wrote:
Charliefarlie wrote:Can't help other than to say there are lots of tie down straps on that well known auction site. 

Hi there,

Lime-green, Dayglo-Orange, Fluorescent Yellow ???  allthumbz

I've tripped up over all of them! tap_fingers tap_fingers

One bottle of wine and all tie-down straps become as well camouflaged as a grouse on an open moor! up!

Rather than try and make them ultra visible, I rely on the old adage "God protects idiots and drunks!" .... allthumbz  allthumbz

.... and try to remember that they are out there, lurking in the gloom just waiting to nail me! look here look here look here

Best regards,
drinksallround
hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins

New to this motor-home caper. So first time out I strapped the wind out awning with two black straps. Ar$e over tip within an evening and I don't even drink !  winks

I saw some fancy dan lime green ones in a camping shop near St Austel. Cheap they were at just over 26 quid for two  content content So even as Im new to the game I decided being ripped off was not an alternative so am risking another ar$e over tip with me black ones this next week when we set sail for Scotland  up!

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by pootler Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for the ideas and the amusing accounts relating to wine. Now me, it's all the beer's fault. I think I will try the Fiamma straps.
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Prostor awning tie down kit Empty Fiamma Awning Bits

Post by DougJ Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:52 pm

bikeralw wrote:I bought a Fiamma tie down kit, works fine. It doubles as a washing line, which does tend to make it less of a tripping hazard... Also I put a garden solar light at each of the anchor points. Still stagger into them though after a bottle of red..
Hi

I have downsized from a motorhome to an Autosleeper Devon EL, with a Prostor Awning. I wanted to know if a Fiamma tie down would work with it, as I haven't picked it up yet, and it does not look the same! You mention that it works fine. How did you connect it, and have you also tried the side or front Fiamma screens?

TIA.

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Prostor awning tie down kit Empty Prostor Awning

Post by DougJ Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi

I have downsized from a motorhome to an Autosleeper Devon EL, with a Prostor Awning. I wanted to know if a Fiamma tie down would work with it, as I haven't picked it up yet, and it does not look the same! You mention that it works fine. How did you connect it, and have you also tried the side or front Fiamma screens?

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down