The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto Toilet door privacy extension

+2
JENIAN
willenhall12
6 posters

Go down

Duetto     Toilet door privacy extension Empty Duetto Toilet door privacy extension

Post by willenhall12 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

When I purchased my Duetto, the people who I bought it off had turned the toilet door around because it suited their needs better and as they couldn't then use the privacy flap (attached to the back of the door), they removed it.
I would like to put the door back how it should be so that there is again somewhere to change etc in private but obviously do not have the extra part of the door to put back on.
I am wondering if anyone has either got the extension piece they do not want (as they may have done the same as the previous owner of my van), or can help me by perhaps letting me have a paper template of the extension so that I can make one myself?
Any help will be greatefully received.
Thanks agree3
willenhall12
willenhall12

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Duetto

Back to top Go down

Duetto     Toilet door privacy extension Empty EXT DOOR

Post by JENIAN Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Best bet is to contact Autosleeper co. at willersey. They are very helpful. smile!
JENIAN
JENIAN

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : DUETTO

Back to top Go down

Duetto     Toilet door privacy extension Empty Re: Duetto Toilet door privacy extension

Post by CC Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

I'll be surprised if Auto-Sleepers can help with a part like this as they don't seem very good at supporting the older vehicles, but worth a try anyway.

Valuable lesson to be learned here for others.... I feel removing stuff devalues the vehicle, if I were looking at a vehicle that had something like that removed I'd simply walk away no matter how good it appeared as I wouldn't want a vehicle thats been pulled about, most people who buy an Auto-Sleeper know what they are buying and if they are anything like me they would expect it all to be intact & standard as it left the factory

If anyone does remove items at least put them aside so you can at least put it back when you come to sell the vehicle shrugg

I think your only option if AS cant help is to make something up, for a perfect fit you may even be able to create a cardboard template from another forum members Duetto maybe?

Hope you get something sorted up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Duetto     Toilet door privacy extension Empty Re: Duetto Toilet door privacy extension

Post by Alf Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:33 pm

willenhall12 wrote:When I purchased my Duetto, the people who I bought it off had turned the toilet door around because it suited their needs better and as they couldn't then use the privacy flap (attached to the back of the door), they removed it.
I would like to put the door back how it should be so that there is again somewhere to change etc in private but obviously do not have the extra part of the door to put back on.
I am wondering if anyone has either got the extension piece they do not want (as they may have done the same as the previous owner of my van), or can help me by perhaps letting me have a paper template of the extension so that I can make one myself?
Any help will be greatefully received.
Thanks agree3

Hi Plattypus removed his privacy screen see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I didnt know if this would fit or if he would wish to dispose of it but ?? shrugg

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Alf.
Yes I do have the privacy door, but strongly agree with CC that anything I take out of the van is always in store ready to be put back in. So that the new owner has the choice.
As you say Alf, if it will fit?
But if Willenhall can send me a pm maybe we can sort something out.
cheers
plattypus
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Duetto     Toilet door privacy extension Empty Duetto door privacy extension

Post by tallslimdave Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi
have 06 duetto with door intact,could photo/measure/template at a push....or have an inspection visit if this way.....Northants...........DFH
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down