The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cassette toilet door On a Symbol

3 posters

Go down

cassette toilet door On a Symbol Empty cassette toilet door On a Symbol

Post by bobbysong Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Has anyone with a Symbol has the misfortune to break there cassette toilet door when open with the sliding door of the van, I did this today, I needed some thing from the van while I was servicing the toilet, the cassette door was open, I open the sliding door of the van only to hear this breaking sound as the sliding door stuck the cassette door breaking the side of the cassette door clean off,, I wonder why the door is on this way, I now need to buy a new door,, Can I put it on the reverse way round so this will not happen again,, I think I will do break the door again in the future as memory is not what it used to be, cheers Bob,
bobbysong
bobbysong

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

cassette toilet door On a Symbol Empty Re: cassette toilet door On a Symbol

Post by chrisk Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm

There is a lot on Ebay the link is for one of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebro Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:11 pm

My cassette door lock broke internally a couple of years ago while on a trip and I had to force it to open it. This meant the rest of the trip with duct tape on (!!) then eventually replacing the whole door. The door on my 2001 Symbol has more rounded corners than the current Thetford replacement door. Leisureshopdirect have an aftermarket replacement for the earlier Thetford door in white or magnolia. They were the only people I could find who could do this one. Not sure which you will need but worth checking before you buy!!
mikebro
mikebro

Male

Member Age : 75
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbysong Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm

mikebro wrote:My cassette door lock broke internally a couple of years ago while on a trip and I had to force it to open it. This meant the rest of the trip with duct tape on (!!) then eventually replacing the whole door. The door on my 2001 Symbol has more rounded corners than the current Thetford replacement door. Leisureshopdirect have an aftermarket replacement for the earlier Thetford door in white or magnolia. They were the only people I could find who could do this one. Not sure which you will need but worth checking before you buy!!
Thanks I had not thought about the shape,,
bobbysong
bobbysong

Male

Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down