The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door

4 posters

Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Thetford cassette toilet - outside door

Post by HildaB Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Can anyone help.     Today unfortunately my partner had a slight accident when backing into the drive.  He has taken the top part of the door off the hinges.    It still closes but it needs replacing.   We have been to our local caravan sales and they are trying to find out if they can get a replacement.
HildaB
HildaB

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Re: Thetford cassette toilet - outside door

Post by mikejack Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm

There are a few on  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are any like yours? i think the door from new has no insert and you use the panel you cut out your van to fill the insert.
mikejack
mikejack

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Thetford Cassette Toilet

Post by HildaB Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks for that.   I did look on ebay and there was one which is a C3 but unfortunately it was being sold with the full unit.   Just had a telephone call from caravan sales and they have hopefully managed to get us one, but thanks for your reply.up!
HildaB
HildaB

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Re: Thetford cassette toilet - outside door

Post by Dutto Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:13 am

Hi there,

Please use the link below and click on Doors and Boxes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sometimes better to buy direct.allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Thetford Cassette Toilet - outside door

Post by HildaB Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks again for your replies.   We  have now got a replacement door, our kind caravan sales man got it for us.    It's now fitted and looks good.up!
HildaB
HildaB

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Cassette door

Post by kes Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 am

Hi, I too need a new cassette door-it jammed and then the  the lock broke so it is currently held in place with gaffer tape !  ? I have been having trouble sourcing one that has the insert. Could you tell me where you got your replacement - I would be very grateful.  (It is a 94 model -old but in good nick. )

Thanks in anticipation.

Kes
kes
kes

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto

Back to top Go down

Thetford cassette toilet - outside door Empty Thetford Cassette Toilet - outside door

Post by HildaB Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Kes.      We got our door from "Wigan Caravan Centre" tel. no. 01695 622584 who kindly searched around for us and got one almost identical and it does lock.  This door does not have a push button and my partner had to make one or two adjustments to it(not sure what, I know he had to drill holes as they did not match).  It was a day of a job but finally got it to fit and it looks OK.   If you contact them they may be able to help or point you in the right direction.
HildaB
HildaB

Back to top Go down