The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo leisure battery

3 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo leisure battery Empty Warwick Duo leisure battery

Post by bazil Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Might be a daft question but if my leisure battery is reading 50% charged, how long should it take to fully charge when on a hook up?

Cheers
bazil
bazil

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo leisure battery Empty Re: Warwick Duo leisure battery

Post by ubuntu1 Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Its impossible to answer as there are too many unknowns. Age of battery, temperature, voltage, size of battery, what else is being used - all of these have an impact.

In my opinion you need to give batteries a good 48 hour charge but that doesn't take in to account your vans charge status.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo leisure battery Empty Re: Warwick Duo leisure battery

Post by Spospe Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Bazil wrote:Might be a daft question but if my leisure battery is reading 50% charged, how long should it take to fully charge when on a hook up?

Cheers

Can I ask how you know that it is 50% charged? Have you taken a hydrometer reading (the only really accurate method of determining charge), or is this from some sort of meter, or possibly the supplied EC51 control unit located by the side entrance door?

What sort of display have you got fitted by the entrance door, as these have changed a bit over time? The EC51 model has five lights which indicate the state of charge (1 x red, 2 x yellow and 2 x green).

On hook-up, 24 hours of power connection should fully charge the leisure battery, even from 'flat' when using the installed Sargent EC155 power unit.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down