The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracked Side Window That Leaks

3 posters

Go down

Cracked Side Window That Leaks Empty Cracked Side Window That Leaks

Post by elijay Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 am

The sliding window behind the drivers seat has cracked at the top. It leaks and water collects in the gap. My solution, so far, is to remove the plastic bung, slide in a small length of synthetic shammy (to act as a wick) to collect in a microfbre cloth rolled up and placed next to wick.

One solution would be to remove both windows and swap sides. That way the crack would be at the bottom. I don't want to do that as it is too big a job for me to tackle alone and I really don't want the expense. Any other ideas?
elijay
elijay

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Cracked Side Window That Leaks Empty Re: Cracked Side Window That Leaks

Post by squip Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Elijay,
I agree that swapping the sliding windows side to side would be difficult.
With the cracked window is it possible to glue it with super glue? Or to introduce some form of clear sealant into the crack? It may not look pretty however but if it cured the leak so what.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Cracked Side Window That Leaks Empty Re: Cracked Side Window That Leaks

Post by Alf Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

elijay wrote:The sliding window behind the drivers seat has cracked at the top. It leaks and water collects in the gap. My solution, so far, is to remove the plastic bung, slide in a small length of synthetic shammy (to act as a wick) to collect in a microfbre cloth rolled up and placed next to wick.

One solution would be to remove both windows and swap sides. That way the crack would be at the bottom. I don't want to do that as it is too big a job for me to tackle alone and I really don't want the expense. Any other ideas?

Elijay. wave
Try a carefull aplication of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] up!
just enough to cover the crack this would do the job dont put too much on in case it runs, -----

if the crack is not big do you have access to someone with a soldering iron to carefully weld the crack. allthumbz

as a last resort stick a transfer of some sort over the crack. gimmefive

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down