The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto air heater and washroom?

4 posters

Go down

Duetto air heater and washroom? Empty Duetto air heater and washroom?

Post by Pusscat Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi,
Slowly getting more info on the Duetto together.

What sort of air heaters do the Mk 6 &7 have please?  I've found reference to there being only one point where hot air comes out in the habitation area..is this correct?  

I have read that one tip for campervanners was to direct hot air into the washroom to make it a 'drying room' ...so when you've been for that stomp along the seafront and it's been raining, you can put the coats in the wash room, turn up the heating and hey presto, dry clothes!  Does the Duetto have warm air blown into the wash room?!
Regards,
Pusscat
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : none

Back to top Go down

Duetto air heater and washroom? Empty Duetto air heaters

Post by tallslimdave Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi

As I recall duetto s mk6.  2004 on use eberspacher diesel heating ...one hab outlet only.....not sure on earlier  mk6   N later mk7 s.    Cheers DfhDaveDfhDave thanksverymuch
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Duetto air heater and washroom? Empty Re: Duetto air heater and washroom?

Post by Spospe Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm

MK6 and MK7 Transit based Duettos have eberspacher diesel heaters, with just one outlet at the toilet room end of the bed unit. The other similar looking grill in the bed unit base, is an air inlet for the heater, not an outlet.

It is possible to leave the toilet room door open so that heat can enter the room for drying / heating purposes and indeed the outlet swivels to facilitate this happening.

The MK7 Transit versions, from late 2007 onwards had electric, as well as a diesel eberspacher heaters fitted, but beware of two important facts:

a) The electric heater part of the unit is only rated at 900 watts and the fan runs all the time (the heater element is switched off and on as required), so it is quite noisy, particularly at night when trying to sleep.

b) The electric heater part absolutely must have the mains polarity correct. If you have reversed polarity, the heater will only run on diesel even though mains is present and other equipment will work OK.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Pusscat Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi guys,
many thanks for the replies.  So much to learn!
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanket Lady Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am

Hi
My Duetto, as stated above has the eberspacher heater. It's fantastic for making the van toasty warm very quickly. I also have a small electric fan heater for when I have the luxury of EHU - not very often! 

I hang my wet coat in the bathroom to get the worst off then when I go to bed I put it on a hanger and hook it on the cupboard handle. That does the trick for me. Wet boots I put on a plastic bag under the pulled out side bed. 

You will get your own way of doing things the more trips you have away. I take it you haven't got the van yet? 

Wendy
Blanket Lady
Blanket Lady

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Pusscat Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi Wendy,
No I haven't got one yet! Getting summer out of the way and then will start looking in autumn.  Thought if it's a little more wet and damp outside, may reveal any damp problems in the van...also thought with the main season gone, they maybe a little cheaper! biggrin
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Back to top Go down