The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taps in washroom of 1995 Duetto

4 posters

Go down

Taps in washroom of 1995 Duetto Empty Taps in washroom of 1995 Duetto

Post by Lynette Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:58 am

Hi There
I wonder if anyone would be able to help?  Would you know what type/brand of taps are used in the washroom basin of a 1995 Duetto, as I need to replace.

Thank you.    smile!
Lynette
Lynette

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Duetto

Back to top Go down

Taps in washroom of 1995 Duetto Empty Re: Taps in washroom of 1995 Duetto

Post by boxerman Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 am

At a guess, I would say they would be the same as the Symphony of the same year. If so they will be Comet Novo, do they look like this?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (they come in non-chrome too).
Why do you need to replace them? if they are leaking it could be just the 'O' rings that need replacing.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi there,

Do you really need to replace them?

When we bought "Petal" the taps were an eye-sore but some gentle scrubbing with an old toothbrush and toothpaste brought them back to life.

Plus, if they are dripping, then it should be easy enough to get a couple of replacement washers.

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for replies........  unfortunately when my van was given it's habitation check it was discovered that the tap was leaking into the cavity behind the washbasin and the pipe had to be capped off to prevent further leaking....... hence the need for new tap.....  hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. smile!
Lynette
Lynette

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 am

Lynette wrote:Thanks for replies........  unfortunately when my van was given it's habitation check it was discovered that the tap was leaking into the cavity behind the washbasin and the pipe had to be capped off to prevent further leaking....... hence the need for new tap.....  hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. smile!
That sounds a bit odd  scratch head why didn't they just fix it while they had the panel off? Are the taps the same as the ones in the link? they ain't exactly rare.
Could it be the same problem that Fenderbender had?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if so, you don't need a new tap.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Our contemporary Harmony was fitted with the Comet taps from new, but they failed very early on and were replaced by Reich taps such as these under warranty:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...and these lasted around 15 years.

I recall a common issue with taps leaking from the underside may be that when folk try to pull the pipe from the angled barbed connector on these taps to carry out maintenance, in my experience the barbed connector is prone to popping out of the tap body well before the pipe breaks free. The temptation is then to shove the barbed connector with the O-ring on it back into the tap body, and all looks fine, but without recognising the risk and taking specific measures, the rubber O-ring just works its way down the connector. It may well be out of sight, but it doesn't seal properly. If I remember correctly the workaround was to take the O-ring off the 'male' connector (where it remains when the thing comes apart) and position it inside the female hole in the tap body where an O-ring groove is provided. Then the connector 'pops' nicely into the tap body and shouldn't leak or come apart again under water supply pressure.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony

Back to top Go down