The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper

3 posters

Go down

Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper Empty Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper

Post by Steve 60 Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi all

I have noticed a small crack about 2cm long and 2 mm wide on the cream plastic trim just above the sliding door on my trooper

I was wondering if I could glue it without taking the whole trim out. Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Steve
Steve 60
Steve 60

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper Empty Re: Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper

Post by boxerman Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:38 pm

The one on the sliding door on my Symphony cracked right across the top rear corner a while ago and I've tried all sorts to fix it. My latest attempt was to use this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to hold the crack together and reinforced at the back with polymorph. So far, so good - fingers crossed.
Had to remove it to repair it though.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper Empty Re: Plastic trim on autosleeper trooper

Post by Homegrown Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi Steve,

I agree with Frank, really need to take it off to do it properly and reinforce it. I have used 'Araldite instant clear' before on plastics but you really don't want that visable from the outside so the glue Frank has tried sounds good!
Homegrown
Homegrown

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4

Back to top Go down