The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather

+2
nimbus
Sleepy
6 posters

Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather

Post by Sleepy Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Our reversing camera fails on sunny days... it goes off after a few minutes in really sunny conditions and about half an hour on a typical warmish day like today.  Been back to the dealer (Marquis) a couple of times and had both the display and the control box changed and now need to go back for a third visit - this afternoon.

Marquis seem puzzled and are talking about sending the van back to the factory - not a great time of year to lose the van!

Anyone seen this problem and what was the solution?

The system is the Veba, I think fitted as part of the Premium pack.

Thanks!

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty Re: Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather

Post by nimbus Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:57 pm

It sounds as if you have a problem at the camera end. When our van was new the camera only worked intermittently and it took two visits to Autosleepers Service Centre to establish that the plug and socket at the camera was not properly engaged. This could be your problem. Unfortunately the camera is not easily accessible, but thats probably down to Marquis to find out!

I've also had a problem with the original Veba monitor packing up. I replaced it with a new one from eBay (£50) but this one sometimes blue screens. It only happens occasionally and comes back on after a few seconds, so I can live with it.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty Re: Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather

Post by nimbus Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 am

Sleepy - It would be nice to know the outcome!
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:01 pm

nimbus wrote:Sleepy - It would be nice to know the outcome!
No outcome yet - the 3rd visit to Marquis was cancelled but we are taking the van back to Autosleeper later this week. 
I'll post a final answer if and when there is one.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:40 pm

We could simulate ours by banging the van adjacent to the camera and it flashed on and off.Might be worth a try which would verify the trouble lies at that end. But I'm sure that Autosleepers will fix it, hopefully on the first attempt.
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:55 pm

I had a similar probldm that was eventually solved by a complete monitor change. I think that the small box of  electronjcs thzt forms the interfzce between video and power leads, reversing trigger lead and the monitor was faulty. It took Marquis agents 3 visits to my home to sort jt.

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Well, we had our visit to Auto-sleeper and it certainly seems like the problem is solved.  It was a hot day, so the fault was occurring within a short time and the technician noticed that at the instant the camera switched off, the LED running lights decreased from 5 to 2.  This was a sign that the Peugeot/Auto-sleeper interface had decided it was overloaded and was shutting down circuits.  They rewired the camera to a different circuit and that was that.
We haven't taken the van on a long trip yet, but hopefully this is sorted.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks for letting us know. Certainly is an interesting one and I hope that it's finally resolved.
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty Reversing camera problems

Post by Southwaite Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Sleepy wrote:Well, we had our visit to Auto-sleeper and it certainly seems like the problem is solved.  It was a hot day, so the fault was occurring within a short time and the technician noticed that at the instant the camera switched off, the LED running lights decreased from 5 to 2.  This was a sign that the Peugeot/Auto-sleeper interface had decided it was overloaded and was shutting down circuits.  They rewired the camera to a different circuit and that was that.
We haven't taken the van on a long trip yet, but hopefully this is sorted.
I have been having similar problems on my Symbol & on the last visit to Marquis (Durham) a new wiring loom for the camera was fitted & the problem was solved-sadly 65 miles later on return home it was dead as a doornail again I am now waiting for further advice from the dealer.
Southwaite
Southwaite

Male

Member Age : 84
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 pm

We have been on a couple of trips now and the camera isssue is definately solved.
BUT... we have also noticed that the LED running lights still go down from 5 to 2 after some time... haven't worked out when or after how long but I may do another post about this.

Male

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty Thermal Camera Issue

Post by Hogmeister Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 pm

My Merc based Gloucester is now exhibiting this problem.  It started earlier this year with a Blue screen and 'no signal' message when restarting the engine after a short rest stop.  Sometimess switching off and back on cleared it.
We have just spent the last month touring europe without any rearview for half the time.  It became very clear to us that when the unit had been running for some time OR the ambiant temperature was high the camera failed.  We also experienced the display splitting the image vertically and picture breaking up whilst driving.
I have now booked Marquis to look into this.  Two visits required to Preston, one to investigate and the next to fix it.  This is a 100 mile round trip for me each time not to mention the lost hours spent in the act.  Warrenty costs!!!!!  I contacted AS and told them about this fault and they said it need replacing.  It certainly looks like a comman and known problem.  Iteresting the comment about Marquis techs visiting your home.  They have refused to do this for me.  After sales customer service is very poor considering I spent over 60k with them.
Hogmeister
Hogmeister

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Gloucester Merc 2012

Back to top Go down

Reversing Camera Faulty: fails in hot weather Empty rear view camera

Post by geoff brooke Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:32 pm

our camera failed after 2 months on brand new van....contacted dealer....usual response....bring it in....140 miles return trip for them to see it not working.
i phoned the supplier direct...very helpful people who sent me 2 brand new remote controls and camera.. free..fitted myself in 1/2 hour at home.
spend £50k on a van and get little service.
microwave packed up...again....phoned samsung customer service and they delivered a brand new replacent within 2 days......dealer couldnt look at until october !!
i think these microwaves arent suited for travelling in a van...but  hey ho...the new one is under warranty for another year.....once again an easy diy fix.
but why do we have to go to the equipment suppliers to get some service ?
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down