The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window

2 posters

Go down

Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window Empty Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window

Post by RichardB Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi all
Have started to get work in the van started again - have quite a few things to do and need to have it ready in two weeks as I have a weekend away planned.

The biggest job is to fix the washroom which includes fixing the plastic window surround that is cracked and refitting.

When I removed the window surround I noticed that there appears to be a leak between the window frame and the high top.   Done some more testing with the hose today and sure enough the sealant seems hard and perished and needs replacing.

It looks like the window is fixed in from the outside using screws.    From the outside I think the screws are hidden behind some trim - originally I thought it was rubber but it is more like plastic.

Has anyone removed a washroom windows on a similar van and can you confirm if the screws are hidden under this trim?  Looking at it I don't think it will come out and replace so will need to find some more.

Any advice would be appreciated

Richard
RichardB
RichardB

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Not at the moment...
Vehicle Year : n/a

Back to top Go down

Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window Empty Re: Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:32 am

Richard

The screws are behind the black plastic trim.
I haven't taken the window out but did remove the plastic trim.
I had a leak which was between the glass and seal.
Before I tackled it I removed the black plastic trim in order to have a look and saw the screws.

BTW, are you sure that the leak is between the frame and the hitop and not leaking from the glass?

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window Empty Re: Washroom fixing and removing Hightop window

Post by RichardB Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:BTW, are you sure that the leak is between the frame and the hitop and not leaking from the glass?

Hi
Yes, definitely between the frame and high-top . 

Took out the screws and the ply from behind - its all damp so have cut a new piece to replace it.
As with everything there are complications!   I though removing the screws would free the window but was stuck solid so have spend the last hour scraping out the old sealant.  Now its out it just needs to be cleaned up and put back.   I am going to use CT1 instead of the butyl stuff to put it back in and with that and the 8 screws it should be ok.

Need to find some replacement for the plastic that covers the screws as it had perished - hopefully O'Learys will have some and as there only 4 miles up the road am off there now for a look

Richard
RichardB
RichardB

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Not at the moment...
Vehicle Year : n/a

Back to top Go down