The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draining down 1999 Harmony

2 posters

Go down

Draining down 1999 Harmony Empty Draining down 1999 Harmony

Post by RichardB Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi.  With the weather getting colder I have drained down the van this afternoon.

First time I have done this so have listed what I have done below - have I missed anything I need to do:

1) Removed all water from the toilet tank and emptied the cassette
2) Ran all the taps (hot and cold) to empty water out
3) Removed the screw from the water heater vent to empty the heater
4) Opened the tap on the waste water tank and emptied it
5) Opened the tap on the fresh water tank and emptied it
6) Ran the pump for a bit to try to get all water out
7) Removed show head and blew down the shower hose to get remaining water out of pipes/taps
8) Left all taps open (on)

Had a look through the manual and the only other thing it says in there is to remove the pipes from the water pump itself and run the pump with no plumbing connected - is this necessary as it seems like a lot of fiddling around to go it and I wouldn't really want to run the pump with no pipes connected as its next to the battery charger and don't want water flying around near that...

Any advice appreciated

Richard
RichardB
RichardB

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Not at the moment...
Vehicle Year : n/a

Back to top Go down

Draining down 1999 Harmony Empty Re: Draining down 1999 Harmony

Post by Bartfarst Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Richard,

Looks to my like you've covered all bases. I've never disconnected the pump in my 1995 Harmony in any of the 17 winters we've had the 'van, and the original pump continues to run without problems, and we've never had a burst. The only variation on what you have done is that I use a compressor with the output regulated down to just a couple of PSI to blow the water from the shower head whilst opening and closing the various taps until the gurgling subsides and no more water comes from the water heater drain plug.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down