The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pop top hammock / shelf bed

2 posters

Go down

Pop top hammock / shelf bed Empty Pop top hammock / shelf bed

Post by Jezz Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:00 pm

I notice that the pop top roof on other autosleepers is near identical to  that on my Renault Rimini. On the VW trooper instead of hammocks they seem to have a pull out shelf which gives a solid bed base. 

On our recent camping test run my daughter was not keen on the hammock (and refused to sleep in it shrugg ) We used to have a pop top vw t25 devon with a pull out solid bed base which worked very well.

Anyway, just wondering if any Rimini owners have attempted modifying the roof sleeping space? 

Thanks

Jezz
Jezz
Jezz

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rimini pop top

Back to top Go down

Pop top hammock / shelf bed Empty Re: Pop top hammock / shelf bed

Post by -mojo- Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm

When you say pull-out, from where? Quite a few of the high-top conversions have a pull-out platform that stores above the cab, but I don't think that's possible on a pop-top? Mostly they are also too small for anything other than small children - and I recall the one in my A-S Rapport flexed up and down alarmingly whenever you moved.

I should add - for your daughter's benefit - that those hammocks are nowhere near as uncomfortable as they look - I have slept in one on several occasions a few years back and I preferred that to the solid fold-out roof beds on our Toyota Hiace (with Spacemaker roof)...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Pop top hammock / shelf bed Empty Re: Pop top hammock / shelf bed

Post by Jezz Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Pop top hammock / shelf bed AutosleeperTrooperRoofBed2
Pop top hammock / shelf bed AutosleeperTrooperRoofBed
Pop top hammock / shelf bed AutosleeperTrooperRoof1

These are pictures of a vw trooper roof. The boards look like they slide on top of each other when not in use. That is reassuring about the hammock comfort ... and brave of you to sleep up there too :)
Jezz
Jezz

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rimini pop top

Back to top Go down