The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harmony modifications

+7
peugeotboxer
-mojo-
newterry
hyperspaniel
tcarne
Peter Brown
Harper22
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Harmony modifications

Post by Harper22 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

So after a few months of owning my girl and a few modifications done to date I was just wondering what others have done in there vans, I have pics of the jobs i have done if anyone wants too see them but to date the list includes

Changed 2 of the 12v ceiling lights to more modern hallogen fittings but with led bulbs, gives a much nicer light of an evening.
Additional 240v socket in seat base thats in view when the sliding door is open, Handy for power in the awning
Fold down tv shelf (since removed and re used)
led tv bracket
Additional 12v/aerial point next to new tv bracket
External aerial point
Drop down worktop at rear of van
Additional shelf above wardrobe area (made from first tv shelf)
Next job is an additional power point by new worktop (hoping to fit that so it recesses into void behind bathroom wall)
Also really fancy replacing the roof vent in kitchen area with a mini heki for added daylight.

Looking forward to hearing about other ideas people have come up with content

Harper22 (neil)

Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Re: Harmony modifications

Post by Peter Brown Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If any in the above link interest you you will have to join the Club to get access. £20 pa gets you a monthly Newsletter. You are probably half the average age of members.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm

pcb7ty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are probably half the average age of members.

Peter

Thats just made my day hugegrins in all fairness I have heard a few reports of the ASOC being a bit cliquey and snobbish regards peoples vans etc (appologies to anyone on here that is a member) so will probably stick to the forums here, I like the friendly relaxed attitude and the way everyone tries to help each other regardless of model or age (meaning the units not the members lol4)
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarne Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm

hi,

i too have made a drop down shelf at back of van.

i've also fixed 4 substantial hooks to rear of bathroom wall so that i can store my ehu cable - it fits nicely in the recess of the rear door window too.
(i took off rear bathroom wall and stuck wooden struts across so that i could use longer screws to fix hooks as ehu cable is heavy)

i've taken off tv shelf too and wondered what to do with it - thanks for the idea of re-using it higher up.

i'm keeping everything i do such that it can all be returned to original symbol 2000 spec if a purest takes it on after me.

tc

tcarne
tcarne

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm

tcarne wrote:hi,

i too have made a drop down shelf at back of van.

i've also fixed 4 substantial hooks to rear of bathroom wall so that i can store my ehu cable - it fits nicely in the recess of the rear door window too.
(i took off rear bathroom wall and stuck wooden struts across so that i could use longer screws to fix hooks as ehu cable is heavy)

i've taken off tv shelf too and wondered what to do with it - thanks for the idea of re-using it higher up.

i'm keeping everything i do such that it can all be returned to original symbol 2000 spec if a purest takes it on after me.

tc

My harmony didnt come with a tv shelf/cupboard but seeing the vans that had were what prompted me to try and make one in the first place, it worked great for the TV i had but then changed to a much smaller tv, And likewise with fittings I have removed they are all in the loft so can be reinstated if needed
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hyperspaniel Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Just out of curiosity where and how have you attached your drop down worktop at the back of the van as I would like a little more worktop space when cooking and can make other half another job to do in case he gets bored! hugegrins
hyperspaniel
hyperspaniel

Female

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 pm

hyperspaniel wrote:Just out of curiosity where and how have you attached your drop down worktop at the back of the van as I would like a little more worktop space when cooking and can make other half another job to do in case he gets bored! hugegrins

I chose to make quite a smallish one, Partly due to the size and shape of the worktop i found but partly so i could still manouvre about down that end withough blocking both back doors or stopping access to the wc but you could make it larger on same principal

Harmony modifications 4652266A-7CB4-40F2-9BD6-1FBEE1BA3292-731-000000E40098D91C_zps11bed2b9

Harmony modifications 394817_10152526360965425_1896810152_n_zpsb74b8be8

The toilet wall is not bad thickness ply so just made sure i had short/stubby screws that wouldnt go all the way through and pre drilled pilot holes

Hope the pics help content
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by newterry Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm

I've removed the overcab bulkhead and replaced it with a cargo net, easier access, more flexible storage and no more headaches from the collapsing cupboard door !! I've stored the bulkhead for re-use if the van is ever sold.
Don't forget you can make a good sized cubby hole in the panel behind the toilet compartment facing the nearside back door (using the cut-out as a door).
I've also installed a substantial hand rail on the toilet wall adjoining the wardrobe to help Mrs H who's partially disabled. I did add a piece of 2" x 3" inside the wardrobe as the wall is too thin otherwise. Not worried about leakage from the shower as we don't use it.
I'd like to raise the back edge of the overcab floor/cab ceiling to give Mrs H a bit more headroom getting in and out of her seat but I think that's not going to work. It's a pity its not hinged to fold in half ............ any ideas would be welcome ?
If you take two awning pole holders and trim off the 'sticky-up' bit and fix them either side of the back doors you can drop a piece of 1" dowel in as an additional towel rail.

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm

newterry wrote:
I'd like to raise the back edge of the overcab floor/cab ceiling to give Mrs H a bit more headroom getting in and out of her seat but I think that's not going to work. It's a pity its not hinged to fold in half

It's certainly something that AS do in other models - I had an AS Rapport a few years back with that feature, and it was really convenient. However, I guess you would need to remove a section of the cab headlining and finish the underside of the over-cab storage area to match the rest of it. Of course I don't know how much of the over-cab bodyshell AS leave in place, so you might find steel panel and/or reinforcing struts to deal with!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Harmony Modifications

Post by newterry Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Mojo, there was a tiny bit of roof lining sag when I took the bulkhead out so I'm not sure how the structural integrity would be affected by tinkering with the cab roof. There's quite a gap between the roof lining and the actual roof because I have to push up the wind-up * Inappropriate Word * on my Turbovent over the cooker to get it to engage so the lining shell might not be too well supported.
It was OK on my previous Executive which was a 2+2 because you could fold up up one of the bed bases so there was support in the remaining base section. There is also an electrical feed to the 2 reading lights to consider as well. When the weather warms up I'll have a closer look. I don't know if there was a 2+2 option on the Harmony ?

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 am

newterry wrote: don't know if there was a 2+2 option on the Harmony ?

Mines a 2+2.

I recently had to reseal a hi-top side window and had to lower the roof lining to get the 'bed' base out.
Although I didn't need to take it right down, it looked as though it was just screwed into battens which were fixed to the roof.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Harmony Modifications

Post by newterry Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks PB, I presume yours folds up like the Executive (and my previous one-off Dorset) or does it come in 2 pieces ? If so, all I need now is a 2+2 cab roof, O'Leary's I suppose ??
Any chance of a photo?
Cheers, Terry.

newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm

newterry wrote:Thanks PB, I presume yours folds up like the Executive (and my previous one-off Dorset) or does it come in 2 pieces ? If so, all I need now is a 2+2 cab roof, O'Leary's I suppose ??
Any chance of a photo?
Cheers, Terry.

Hi Terry,

Hope these will answer your quiery?

Harmony modifications DSC00429_zps235bba12

Harmony modifications DSC00431_zpsdd2fd186

Harmony modifications DSC00432_zps540a3ef4

There are other boards to make up the bed but they are stored in the loft!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by newterry Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:12 pm

PB, spot on thanks, it's exactly the same set up that was in the Dorset, I just need to get the kit. I'll give Alan a call in AS Spares and see what they've got in stock, presumably the width will be standard across the Boxer hi-top range?
Thanks for your help, as ever.

newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm

newterry wrote:PB, spot on thanks, it's exactly the same set up that was in the Dorset, I just need to get the kit. I'll give Alan a call in AS Spares and see what they've got in stock, presumably the width will be standard across the Boxer hi-top range?
Thanks for your help, as ever.

Don't hesitate to ask for measurements.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by newterry Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Without hesitation- yes please !! I'll take what ever measurements you think I might need, in Imperial or metric, whichever you work with, I don't mind. I do need to check if the ledges at the sides running towards the windscreen in your helpful pictures is under my cab roof or whether that's 2+2 specific.

Thanks for your help, I notice there's nothing in my AS Harmony handbook under the beds and cushions appendix. Would you check yours please for part numbers if shown ? Looks like the upholstery is the same colour as the Dorset so I guess it is a universal piece of kit.

Apologies to all for hi-jacking the original post but this detail may help others.

newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm

I'll PM you.......don't want to be told off for going 'off topic"!!!!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:04 pm

newterry wrote:Without hesitation- yes please !! I'll take what ever measurements you think I might need, in Imperial or metric, whichever you work with, I don't mind. I do need to check if the ledges at the sides running towards the windscreen in your helpful pictures is under my cab roof or whether that's 2+2 specific.

Thanks for your help, I notice there's nothing in my AS Harmony handbook under the beds and cushions appendix. Would you check yours please for part numbers if shown ? Looks like the upholstery is the same colour as the Dorset so I guess it is a universal piece of kit.

Apologies to all for hi-jacking the original post but this detail may help others.

Had a look through my handbook last night for the extra cushion measurements but couldnt find anything about the bed board sizes. I also have mine stored out the way and the space left is great for storage :-)
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:43 pm

newterry wrote:Without hesitation- yes please !! I'll take what ever measurements you think I might need, in Imperial or metric, whichever you work with, I don't mind. I do need to check if the ledges at the sides running towards the windscreen in your helpful pictures is under my cab roof or whether that's 2+2 specific.

Did you have any luck removing the bulkhead etc newterry?
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Back to top Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Hi can I see your pictures on the mods?brian

Post by gmvnz Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Harper22 wrote:So after a few months of owning my girl and a few modifications done to date I was just wondering what others have done in there vans, I have pics of the jobs i have done if anyone wants too see them but to date the list includes

Changed 2 of the 12v ceiling lights to more modern hallogen fittings but with led bulbs, gives a much nicer light of an evening.
Additional 240v socket in seat base thats in view when the sliding door is open, Handy for power in the awning
Fold down tv shelf (since removed and re used)
led tv bracket
Additional 12v/aerial point next to new tv bracket
External aerial point
Drop down worktop at rear of van
Additional shelf above wardrobe area (made from first tv shelf)
Next job is an additional power point by new worktop (hoping to fit that so it recesses into void behind bathroom wall)
Also really fancy replacing the roof vent in kitchen area with a mini heki for added daylight.

Looking forward to hearing about other ideas people have come up with  content

Harper22 (neil)

gmvnz
gmvnz

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : peugeot harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 pm

The thread was started in January 2013 -18 months ago. The photos have probably been deleted from the hosting server for one reason or another.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by redturner37 Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Does any one have a photograph of the extension piece that fits between the front seats to complete the large double bed in the Harmony.The back rests fit onto it. Thank you...
redturner37
redturner37

Male

Member Age : 86
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by newterry Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:07 pm

We had our Harmony from new and I don't recall ever seeing a bed support board for the gap between the front seats ! Mind you, we only ever used the bed set up as singles so wouldn't have been looking for it.

By the way, I see your Harmony is on a Fiat Ducato chassis which is unusual, is there any chance of a photo for my AS photo library ??
Terry up!

newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:20 pm

redturner37 wrote:Does any one have a photograph of the extension piece that fits between the front seats to complete the large double bed in the Harmony.The back rests fit onto it. Thank you...

Hi redturner, is there a build number sticker on the inside of the glove box flap?

I can't help with a photo but the measurements for the infill cushion are: 440 X 320 X 110. This is taken from the AS Instruction Manual. I assume they are metric measurements.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Harmony modifications Empty Harmony or not

Post by redturner37 Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:20 am

newterry wrote:We had our Harmony from new and I don't recall ever seeing a bed support board for the gap between the front seats ! Mind you, we only ever used the bed set up as singles so wouldn't have been looking for it.

By the way, I see your Harmony is on a Fiat Ducato chassis which is unusual, is there any chance of a photo for my AS photo library ??
Terry up!
I have keep seeing references to the fact that these may not be genuine and cant understand why., I will post some pictures when i can work out how. The label in the glove box reads Chassis No. 40311 and the build number is T694...Edit, The Owners Handbook make mention of the large double bed infill. I have had the bed made up into a double and can see where the infill will go.
redturner37
redturner37

Male

Member Age : 86
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next