The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVEN v MICROWAVE

2 posters

Go down

OVEN v MICROWAVE Empty OVEN v MICROWAVE

Post by stan thompson Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi everyone

We pick-up our 2001 Symbol tomorrow and I know that one of the first queries Madam will raise is 'can we not have a combination oven/microwave like we had in France?'.......................

Has anyone attempted to replace the fitted oven with the sort of thing she means?    We had an L & G  'chaleur tournant' and microwave combined and I think Samsung do/did something similar................. but will it be possible to fit something like this in the oven space?

Suggestions/comments very welcome & hello to you all

Stan
stan thompson
stan thompson

Male

Member Age : 90
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol

Back to top Go down

OVEN v MICROWAVE Empty Re: OVEN v MICROWAVE

Post by Peter Brown Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:23 pm

If it was me I would use the van a few months before making any changes. Then I would know how I used the space, what type of camping I liked, what facilities were available and how I got on with the original equipment.

We have a combi microwave at home and use it a lot but feel it is too power hungry and gets too hot for the van. We do have a microwave in the van and use it mainly for defrosting and preparing vegetables (saves an awful lot of water carrying over boiling) but between green field sites and low capacity hook ups it is probably only available for use 25% of the nights we are in the van - if we didn't have a big van I wouldn't carry it.

We use the hob and oven all the time and they work wherever we are and I find very economical on use of gas - certainly a lot cheaper than paying separately for a hook up.

Hope this is of use.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

OVEN v MICROWAVE Empty Re: OVEN v MICROWAVE

Post by stan thompson Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks Peter...................... I suspected that this would be the case and I certainly agree re biding our time and getting used to the smaller van before making any alterations............... however, I can imagine the temptations which will arise at the NEC next month and I want to be ready with at least some of the answers!!

Stan
stan thompson
stan thompson

Male

Member Age : 90
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol

Back to top Go down