The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overcab lining duetto

3 posters

Go down

Overcab lining duetto Empty Overcab lining duetto

Post by tallslimdave Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Hello all
                Any help please to refit over cab cupboard lining in late model duetto(2006) which is coming unstuck........I have refixed it before using spray adhesive (18 months ago) but I guess summer heat and glue residue have caused it to fail again!  Any ideas thanks dave h.  drinksallround tap_fingers
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Overcab lining duetto Empty Re: Overcab lining duetto

Post by -mojo- Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Car trimmers use a special heat-resistant contact adhesive, which you used to be able to buy from Woolies, and probably still can (just checked - they still do it in a tin and also as a spray adhesive).

However, I suspect you've already a fair idea what the problem will be even if you use that - the residue from the non-heat-resistant stuff that A-S used originally. Having said that, it ~may~ simply have dried out, in which case you should be Ok going over the top of it with new, better adhesive.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Overcab lining duetto Empty Re: overcab lining Duetto

Post by Paulwest55 Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 am

Hi, we too suffered from the same problem this summer, I entered the our 1995 Duetto Dougal, to find it hanging down in the middle, I was all for having a go at fixing it but Caz said to leave it for now, and as the cooler weather came the lining seems to have stuck back down ( until the next heat wave I guess ). If it does happen again then I will use the trim-fix high temp spray that we used this year when altering our duetto we got it from Vanguard Conversions, there is a link from our website here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope it's of some help to you up! 

Paul & caz
Paulwest55
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down