The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off

+4
Paulmold
TJB
RogerThat
Mogzee
8 posters

Go down

Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off Empty Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off

Post by Mogzee Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Have had my van back from dealers for about a fortnight now they have had it for 3 months due to a long list of faults which took forever to fix , have just been In it and I note that all yes all the felt window lining has come off to some degree it looks like the adhesive has given up the ghost. I will not be putting it back to dealers as I want to have some use of it before Christmas ,Can anyone recommend a suitable adhesive for sticking this lining back onto the wooden frames ? Thanks
Mogzee
Mogzee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off Empty Re: Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off

Post by RogerThat Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Mine started to peel in the summer time this year, excessive heat in the van when not in use I think.

I just put a small bead of regular super glue on them all, so far so good.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off Empty Re: Warwick xl 2019 window lining has come off

Post by TJB Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Mine were stuck down by the dealer but started to come off again. I used some “Everbuild Stixall extreme power” which has worked a treat. It was left by a builder. Comes in a similar tube to silicone sealant. It’s clear and very sticky and hardens up after application.

I used pieces of timber wedged to hold the felt in place while it set

Last edited by TJB on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Further info added)
TJB
TJB

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Some members have been successful with double-sided tape.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Ours was fixed with double sided sticky tape from new. We replaced that and added a few staples for good measure.

It’s all a bit Blue Peter, isn’t it?
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:Ours was fixed with double sided sticky tape from new. We replaced that and added a few staples for good measure.

It’s all a bit Blue Peter, isn’t it?
  Worth every penny of the £62k + asking price- NOT!   Funny how A/s persist with material glued over thin ply frames when other manufacturers especially in pvc 's have moulded pvc / fibreglass  linings that fit smartly and are unaffected by humidity , spills etc and are easily wipe clean.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogzee Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks for all the advice ,I went for a hot glue gun as with my fists of ham it would be the easiest to clean up afterwards .4 windows now done and there was very little adhesive applied at the factory as none was visible on the woodwork so it maybe it’s sprayed on the lining then applied .
Mogzee
Mogzee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Coincidentally, YogiToo noticed at the weekend that the felt was missing from a few places in our Kingham.

Before I waste my time trying to get a response from them, does anyone know if the felt is stocked by Autosleepers as a spare part?

Thanks.
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:52 pm

I can recommend upholstery ( carpet ) spay glue, used it when refurbishing my Topaz, on the seat bases, they were covered with carpet when I bought her, took that off and put on wood effect vinyl no problems with it coming off. upholsters use this when doing motor homes . bought from Screwfix, cneaper to buy the 3 spray cans, always comes in useful.

Also used to attached the material to the boards inside the seat , brilliant stuff.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down