The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access

3 posters

Go down

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access Empty Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access

Post by Bulletguy Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:39 pm

As anyone with a Duetto will know, emptying the waste water is a pain in the proverbial ass requiring at the very least to kneel or (worse still), lie on the ground to get at the pipe clipped to the underside of the sill. OK if the weather is dry but not much fun if the ground is soaking wet or muddy. I cannot for the life of me fathom why Autosleeper did such a cheap skate job on an expensive vehicle considering it is an essential item.

I've noticed on a number of motorhomes/campervans both the fresh and waste water taps exit at the side of the vehicle body, making emptying a simple matter of bending slightly to turn the tap......job done. Kind of makes sense.

Just wondered if anyone has modified their waste water tap on the Duetto to improve access. If so, what did you do?
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access Empty Re: Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access

Post by Alf Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Bulletguy wrote:As anyone with a Duetto will know, emptying the waste water is a pain in the proverbial ass requiring at the very least to kneel or (worse still), lie on the ground to get at the pipe clipped to the underside of the sill. OK if the weather is dry but not much fun if the ground is soaking wet or muddy. I cannot for the life of me fathom why Autosleeper did such a cheap skate job on an expensive vehicle considering it is an essential item.

I've noticed on a number of motorhomes/campervans both the fresh and waste water taps exit at the side of the vehicle body, making emptying a simple matter of bending slightly to turn the tap......job done. Kind of makes sense.

Just wondered if anyone has modified their waste water tap on the Duetto to improve access. If so, what did you do?

You will find that bottom of both the waste and fresh water tanks are below cill level and to get body mounted taps low enough they would risk being damaged on speed humps etc.

I have modified my waste tap by increasing the hose diameter from the tank and fitting an in line 3/4" tap and then 12" pipe and a pvc elbow at the floor end this empties the tank quicker but I still use the terry clip fixing for the hose

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access Empty Waste Tap Modification

Post by Alf Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Further to my previous post on waste tap modification here is a photo

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access P1000213

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access Empty Re: Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access

Post by JENIAN Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Alf wrote:Further to my previous post on waste tap modification here is a photo

Modifying Duetto Waste Tank Tap access P1000213

Alf

Thanks for pix Alf
Ian smile!
JENIAN
JENIAN

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : DUETTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Very good Alf. Pity Autosleeper could not have thought this out more.
Cost AS no more than pennies.

How much was the Duetto marketed at £35-40k?
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down