The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Duetto waste water tank

4 posters

Go down

Removing Duetto waste water tank Empty Removing Duetto waste water tank

Post by Janwood Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi, As we never use our waste tank to hold any waste and send it into a portable waste tank, can we remove the waste tank on our Autosleeper Duetto and join up the waste pipe from the sink and shower as is the idea on most caravans?  Our waste tank at present does not have the outlet pipe properly connected, it was like that when we bought the van and is just a codg up, a Heath Robinson affair.  Thanks in anticipation Janet and Brian.
Janwood
Janwood

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Removing Duetto waste water tank Empty Re: Removing Duetto waste water tank

Post by -mojo- Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 pm

I can't think of any reason why not, other than it might devalue the van a bit when you come to sell in terms of "originality".

I personally prefer not to have a waste tank and just run the waste pipe into an external container, but I've never gone as far as removing the tank - on my last van I just altered the pipework so that the water no longer passed through it.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:41 am

I wouldn't go that route. Far better re-plumbing it back and keeping it to original because as Mojo mentioned, it will certainly be a 'negative' point whenever you sell the van on. The empty tank weighs very little and it's not as though removing it would gain you any benefits at all. You don't have to use it though i'm 100% positive if it was properly connected you definitely would! 

I'm not that far from you (Madeley) so if you wanted to look at my van you are more than welcome. If you don't fancy the job yourself i can also recommend a Garage who will do the job at a sensible price.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwood Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Thank you both for your advice, hadn't thought of that route because there is no connecting piece fitted to the tank.  According to CAK tanks the tank must come off so we can fit a new connecting piece, gaining access into the tank via a plate.  We think this could be quite costly, so this is why we considered removing the tank.  At present I have put a piece of rubber pipe into the hole and sealed it with sealant and connected the flexible pipe to that.  I am still considering your ideas of by-passing the tank as that seems the least expensive solution, but do not know whether there is 2 entry points into the tank, one from the sink and one from the shower room.  Brian and Janet.
Janwood
Janwood

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 pm

During my time at road side I was refitting an exhaust to a motorhome and noticed gas tank that was ready to drop off. It was cable tied to the chassis with about ten ties.When I pointed this out the owner said he fitted it when the water tank fell off , he now uses a bucket for the waste water. foolish
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down