The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts

3 posters

Go down

4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts Empty 4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 pm

It is not something which has ever bothered us, but a prospective buyer of Tommy was put off by the fact that there were only 3 belted seats.

Why if our Duetto is listed as a 4 berth is there only 3 belts, or is it that I haven't found the missing 4th belt.

I know that certain laws state that seat belts must be worn if fitted but if there are 3 belts then surely the law enforcement agencies would suggest that it is only a 3 seater. scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts Empty Re: 4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts

Post by -mojo- Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Tommy-Darcy wrote:Why if our Duetto is listed as a 4 berth is there only 3 belts, or is it that I haven't found the missing 4th belt.
I don't think A-S were ever too concerned about matching the number of beds with the number of belted seats, illogical though that seems.

I recall that the Trafic-based A-S conversion I owned a few years back (a Rapport) had an original lap belt on one of the rear seats, but it was completely invisible when I bought the van, as it could be stowed out of sight in the under-seat locker. However, I suspect you would have noticed that on yours fairly quickly...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts Empty Re: 4 Berth but only 3 Seat Belts

Post by modelman Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 am

I have a similar conundrum, but the other way round, obviously the seats in the cab (driver & passenger) have seatbelts, 2 x rear facing seats, no belts, & 2 x front facing seats have full lap & diag seat belts, so there is seating for 6 in total, the funny bit? Oh yeh, its a TWO berth van. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down