The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling

2 posters

Go down

1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling Empty 1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling

Post by newterry Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I removed the overcab bulkhead some time ago and replaced it with a cargo net to allow more flexible storage for wheelchair bits. The centre of the ceiling has sagged so that the turbovent over the cooker screw won't engage to open the vent for natural ventilation.

Are there bearers above the ceiling that I can get some additional screws into to prop it back up as I don't want to run the risk if piercing the roof itself ? Your advice, as always, will be very welcome. scratch head

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down

1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling Empty Re: 1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling

Post by -mojo- Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Never owned a Harmony, but I had a similar '99 high top, and when I removed the ceiling panels in that there were no "spare" battens. Only the ones that A-S used to screw into.

If you can drop the panel down, it shouldn't be hard to add extra ones yourself - though I must admit that A-S often have a habit of assembling their vans in an order that suits assembly, and definitely doesn't suit disassembly...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling Empty 1998 build Harmony Saggy Ceiling

Post by newterry Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi Mojo, I know what you mean about AS's method of build, I tried a little while ago to undo the bulkhead floor/cab roof to raise the back edge up a tad to give Mrs H a bit more headroom as she has difficulty moving around the van. I gave up in the end as it was probably first in and everything else went in on top !

I'll do a bit of probing over the next few days and assume there is a void above the ceiling and the roof. As the turbovent is in 2 halves and already separated that might be the place start.

Thanks for getting in touch. up!

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down