The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Pod problems

3 posters

Go down

I Pod problems Empty I Pod problems

Post by chrisvesey Fri May 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,
For a long time I've had an i pod and an i tunes account to buy music. never had any problems. Went on the other night , saw something I wanted abd tried to buy. Please enter your apple account (I'm already logged in) ok......."as you have not used this computor before to purchase music please enter the security questions" scratch head now bear in mind this PC is 10 years old and I have always used it for purchasing. Won't accept any of my answers so onto apple on line help........your browser is not supported, you need to update...no way, poor old thing will expire. Tried updating to the latest i tunes, lost half my music files, uninstall and reinstall and eventually got it back. The latest i tunes appears to be a pain in the...fingers shrugg certainly not an improvement, now waiting for an e mail
Grumpy?
Chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

I Pod problems Empty Re: I Pod problems

Post by Dutto Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 pm

Chris,

Can sympathise. wave

I downloaded about fifteen CD's on to my Mum's old iPod using an ancient Toshiba - and then lost the lot when I logged on to iTunes! tap_fingers

I got them back again the next time I logged on but I haven't got a clue how or why they disappeared in the first place or how or why they came back on to the device.

I have always presumed that not being eight years old I just don't understand how the gadget works! think_smiley_46

Best of luck!
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Fri May 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi,
I was e mailed a phone number and they were "looking "at my account after 20 minutes I was cut off and when I rang back the office had closed, account is frozen now shrugg
Chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:26 am

Chris,

A real bummer that! There must be few things more frustrating than owning an electronic gadget that is still working but can't be used! tap_fingers

Apple do seem to be getting a bit over-bearing lately but I suppose they must be careful if something unusual turns up. There must be thousands of cases of theft where people then try and use the iPod.

I presume that having answered all the "security questions" they will eventually restore your machine and account. Here's hoping!

If it is any consolation I forget some of the answers I give to "security questions" because time moves on. Not Apple, but the last time was "What is the make of your phone?" when I opened the account four years ago; and I put "Nokia". When they asked me the same question this year I had been using an iPhone for a year!

Result? Account frozen and me in France and not prepared to spend £££££'s to get it unfrozen; so I now avoid any question that may change over time and stick to things like "Where did you go to school?"

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am

Hi,
the device (i pod) is fine, it's getting the i tunes account to recognise my security questions thats the problem. Being a careful old soul I only ever put money on the account by buying gift cards and don't give credit card details so anyone hacking the account would only get a tenner, all the other account details can be seen, it just won't let me buy anything which would be downloaded to this account anyway shrugg
Chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 am

Ouch!! and sympathies! think_smiley_46

I guess the only hope is that the number you have to phone is a 0800 number - but my guess is that it isn't! tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,
0844 snigger
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi,
spent 40 minutes on the phone with a supervisor and to be fair she did try her best but,,,,what was your first car? austin a40 somerset, which car did you dislike the most, easy a toyota 1000 (horrible thing), which was your favourite , probably a wolseley or saab. This was set up in 2006 remember, anyway apparently none of these are correct but they can't see what the answer should be as it's automated. I am on Windows XP running the latest version (8) that is compatible but apple do not recognise this browser. We tried giving the serial number of my i pod but this is not recognised (to old), we have other things to try but I need to have access to a modern computor first lol4 scratch head scratch head scratch head
Chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 pm

up! up! up! I love it!! NOT! tap_fingers tap_fingers

There's "Built in Redundancy" in many things nowadays and I suppose with all the potential links in an iPod chain there's plenty of chances to fail!

I love the "What is your ..... " I once got my Mam's name wrong because I put in her Maiden Name and on the occasion in question they wanted her Christian Name!

I guess you just can't win! On the other hand, I bought some Madness Videos about three years ago on iTunes and it was only in February this year that I learned how to put them on my iPod which is a model that I hardly ever see! (Very slim, tiny high resolution screen and mega-expensive when I bought it back in 2009!)

Keep trying. up! up!

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Is it age, or just being an Apple user?