The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?

2 posters

Go down

Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?  Empty Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?

Post by Ann Sun May 19, 2013 6:56 pm

As the new owners of a 2003 Nuevo, we are trying to figure out what the grey 'dongle' type thingy does , it is quite worn but we can just about make out the wording 'advanced security'. We have found, what we think is the socket for the 'thingy' in the glove compartment but are loathed to plug it in just in case it does something we don't know how to rectify! There is nothing in the technical blurb that came with vehicle for reference. I think it is something to do with the radio but other half reckons it something to do with the alarm system. Can anybody help?

Ann broomstick
Ann
Ann

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?  Empty Re: Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?

Post by dencol Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Not sure but it sounds like the fitting I have for an after market alarm system on my A/S Dorset panel van.

I have a black key fob that comes with the van (ignition key and button for locking the doors).I also have a blue key fob with two buttons to set the alarm and lock the doors independent of the black key. The alarm operates either when the doors are opened or can be set to include motion sensors.

The 'dongle' I have is a back up if the alarm fob battery goes flat or for some reason will not turn the alarm off. Placing the dongle in the socket turns the alarm off and resets the system (in theory never tried it but that was what the instructions say)

If you have a similar system i.e. separate alarm key fob with two buttons the larger button can act as a panic alarm. When in the van set the alarm for doors only and if you press the large button it sets the alarm off.

Can you post a picture of key fob or the name of any alarm system and if it is the same I will try and email copy of my instruction sheet.

May be few days before I pick up any posts as off in the van next week (no TV, no computer and switch phone off hugegrins

Colin
dencol
dencol

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset

Back to top Go down

Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?  Empty Re: Grey 'dongle' thingy on keyring, what do?

Post by Ann Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks for the info I'll set the alarm off and plug it in, fingers crossed..

Ann
Ann

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 8:44 am

Hi Ann,

I think your 'dongle' replaces the 'hidden' keypad found on earlier alarm installs.

This too was normally 'hidden' in the glovebox.

Good luck! up!

Mike D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help.

Ann
Ann
Ann

Female

Back to top Go down