The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tow Bar 2008 Warwick

3 posters

Go down

Tow Bar 2008 Warwick Empty Tow Bar 2008 Warwick

Post by alanm Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am

Does any one know or has anyone purchased and fitted a Tow bar to a 2008 Warwick. i suspect the basic Peugeot Boxer van Bar will fit but would like any pointers on actual fitting, is there any specifics relating to Auto Sleepers conversion that could cause problems such as internal floor trims and or chassis issues?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Alan allthumbz
alanm
alanm

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick

Back to top Go down

Tow Bar 2008 Warwick Empty Re: Tow Bar 2008 Warwick

Post by whisky Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Alan.

After 6 questions and 12 posts don't you think a formal introduction might be a good idea. A good few more members tend to reply after an intro.

Just trying to help. Whisky. up!

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Tow Bar 2008 Warwick Empty Re: Tow Bar 2008 Warwick

Post by nimbus Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 am

I fitted a Witter towbar to our Warwick Duo and the only difference with the Warwick will be the permanent removal of the rear step.

As far as the actual fitting is concerned it is quite straightforward with one exception. The rear Peugeot crashbar has to be removed and the towbar utilises the same fixings (captive nuts) which are welded in position. However, the towbar uses an additional nut, which is in position, but there is no hole in the metal panel in front of the nut. So this involves drilling a hole to expose the nut. Not difficult to do but it is a bit tricky to find the exact spot to drill.

As far as the electrics are concerned I used a relay and picked up the supply from the rear light clusters.

Unless you are competent at diy I would recommend that you get it done by a local towbar installer. You can expect to pay around £350, which is about double the cost of installing it yourself.

nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down