The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warwick 2008 (white)

3 posters

Go down

warwick 2008 (white) Empty warwick 2008 (white)

Post by andyroo Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi all has anyone knowledge on fresh water tank.  we have a tank which has a leak from somewhere and we keep getting the alarm going off every 10min. what I would like to do is to remove the tank and use the water barrel but not sure where the water pump is now. is there a pump in the tank or is it sucked up from one inside the van
if this is possible can I just cut the 5 sensor wires and tape them up without any problems.
many thanks
Andy
andyroo
andyroo

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

warwick 2008 (white) Empty Re: warwick 2008 (white)

Post by -mojo- Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Sorry, don't know whether it has a submersible or external pump, but I have to ask: Are you sure you've thought this through properly?

Thing is that if you take the tank off, you've either got to store it somewhere or throw it away. If you do the latter, the next owner will then have to source a new tank if they want built-in water storage (most people seem to). If you're prepared to take the tank off then it's not a massive step further to fix the leak and put it back. Quite often it is just a simple failure of one of the connecting pipes - often the corrugated filler pipe, which is typically rather weak between the corrugations.

Also, rather than cutting the sensor wires, it would be worth investigating whether your control unit has a multi-way connector on the base, as it's a lot easier to just unplug them (and a lot easier to reverse if a future owner wants to). You may have to disable the water level sensing, but you would have to do that if you cut the wires anyway.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by andyroo Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi mojo,
thanks for the advise I will have a good think not sure what to do now.
Andy..
andyroo
andyroo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyreese Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:13 pm

hi mojo
after a lot of thinking I decided to keep the fresh water tank and refurb it with new parts
even got some of the parts from autosleeper themselves which came very quickly
so hopefully when I put it together no silly alarm's going off every 10mins but I will let you know.
thanks
andy
andyreese
andyreese

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyreese Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

so update all done replaced the 5 sensor screws with new ones new hangers taps and valves all working good
first trip out this weekend will let you know how we go on..
Andy
andyreese
andyreese

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Unfortunately the water level sensors don't have a great reputation for long term reliability, but it's not something I have any personal experience of, as none of my vans have had anything that complicated on them!

But if you do a forum search you will find several discussions in the past about them, and (possibly) how to keep them working reliably.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down