The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony

3 posters

Go down

Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony Empty Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony

Post by ditzy dinah Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Forum, first post. We have had our Auto Sleeper Symphony for 4 years now, and love it! We have things to sort out with it, the water heating and the heating are the two main things. But that is not why I am posting today. As other folk have mentioned, the biggest drawback with this most compact and well fitted out camper, is the storage. Not for the everyday things, which we manage fine, but for additional things we might want to take, like the awning, outside table and chairs. We tend to stay a few days somewhere and travel on, so we don't always want to go the the effort of putting up the awning, and then the weather in these climes isn't always suitable for sitting and eating outside. So we have this ritual every time we stop somewhere, of taking all this stuff out of the loo where it travels, and putting it under the van (which then has to be removed into a big pile left behind if we want to go out for the day the next day). Then if we are travelling on somewhere and want to stop for the loo, or a picnic, we can't as there is too much stuff in the way!! If we leave the chairs and table behind, you can bet your life we get warm weather!! So I am thinking that the only solution would be a storage box on the back. We don't have a bike rack on there, we are getting one that easily fits on and off on a towbar, so I guess there is no way we could have a box and bikes on the back. So I am wondering, has anyone else solved this problem in this way? and if so any ideas what rack would fit, and what box would fit on the rack and do the job? Any ideas, even creative ones! would be most welcome! Thanks.
ditzy dinah
ditzy dinah

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony Empty Re: Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony

Post by mikethebike Fri May 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi, Welcome,
We have a wind out awning,folding table and two chairs.
The only problem is the chairs They will go in wardrobe or toilet.We put up with that.
I have seen chairs etc on the back strapped to unused cycle rack.
regards
Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony Empty Re: Storage Box for Auto Sleeper Symphony

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though not big enough to put a table in it this is the box I won on e-bay for 0.99p plus postage then spent about £20 on sealants and paint. Stores lots of things that would take up very precious space inside our van. The chairs go in a waterproof bag bungy strapped on top of it. up!

The windblocker when folded up in it's bag is bungied on to the rear step. I had considered trying to extend the step but decided I didn't want to restrict rear door access. smile!

oh and we do not have a folding table, we have a Fiamma "Tri-pod" desmo leg base with a shorter tube and we just use our small dining table inside or outside on that. up!

Hope this gives some food for thought. think_smiley_46

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down