The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP: Leaking tap -Autosleeper Duetto 1997

3 posters

Go down

HELP: Leaking tap  -Autosleeper Duetto 1997 Empty HELP: Leaking tap -Autosleeper Duetto 1997

Post by Nedediah Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 pm

I know this topic has come up before, but not as far as I can tell with the brand of tap in my vehicle. We are new to this game so please excuse any obvious ignorance. The cold water tap in the drop down basin in the shower room is constantly dripping/trickling. It is necessary to switch the pump off to stop it. The tap is the mixer type 9see picture) & there does not appear to be any way of disassembling & replacing O-rings. f this is not possible, how to i go about replacing the whole tap unit? I presume there are screws under the little plastic caps that hold the vanity unit onto the bulkhead, but I don't really want to start taking anything apart without knowing what I am doing! Any help or advice gratefully received.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nedediah
Nedediah

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

HELP: Leaking tap  -Autosleeper Duetto 1997 Empty Re: HELP: Leaking tap -Autosleeper Duetto 1997

Post by Harper22 Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 am

Nedediah wrote:I know this topic has come up before, but not as far as I can tell with the brand of tap in my vehicle. We are new to this game so please excuse any obvious ignorance. The cold water tap in the drop down basin in the shower room is constantly dripping/trickling. It is necessary to switch the pump off to stop it. The tap is the mixer type 9see picture) & there does not appear to be any way of disassembling & replacing O-rings. f this is not possible, how to i go about replacing the whole tap unit? I presume there are screws under the little plastic caps that hold the vanity unit onto the bulkhead, but I don't really want to start taking anything apart without knowing what I am doing! Any help or advice gratefully received.

It could well be easier to remove the back wall of the toilet compartment (open the rear doors and undo the screw caps etc) to get to the back of the sink to check the pipe work. as for the taps I dont have these particular ones so cant comment although they are readily available on ebay etc to replace but once again you need access to the back of the sink to do it. I personally think removing the back panel would be easier than removing sealant and removing the sink to re fit and re seal
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

HELP: Leaking tap  -Autosleeper Duetto 1997 Empty Re: HELP: Leaking tap -Autosleeper Duetto 1997

Post by Paulmold Sun May 19, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Nedediah,
I agree with Harper22, the back panel removal is the way to go.

Please take a minute to say hello here......

Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down