The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lpg filler position

5 posters

Go down

Lpg filler position Empty Lpg filler position

Post by tallslimdave Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:31 am

Hi all
Thinking of fitting simple gaslow or similar single cylinder to duetto.........where do you fit filler behind gas door OR in door? Any body done same any problems with forecourt refusals? DIY or installer with certificate? Thanks dave h lets_dance
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Lpg filler position Empty Re: Lpg filler position

Post by roli Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm

I havnt noticed any AS PVCs that have been converted but a friend of mine had an Autocruise and used to open the the rear door to access his filler point. They had that van for 3 years and used it a lot all year without problems or issues filling.

Mine, and Murphs are coacbuilt and have the filler point mounted on the floor of the gas locker (open the gas locker door to access) and we havnt had any issues over filling.
I originally had the GasIt on cylinder filler on mine, no issues other than on some pumps it was awkward with the locking lever, hence me fitting a normal fill point in the locker.

We both fitted our own. No issues with me having spent most my working life in the compressed gas business some of which were involved with installations inc lpg.
If you have any doubts best to use a mobile engineer or workshop to fit for you

If you have a look at GasIts website you will see a wide variety of fillpoints and any queries they will answer quickly or you could post on their forum
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by SJR Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 pm

There is someone on here that has fitted a filler in a Symbol (I think), they also posted up measurements for drilling the hole in the panel.

I have just [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the link
SJR
SJR
SJR

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am

There appears some regulation in France that the filler should be on the outside of the bottle compartment , and not inside. We have done a few trips , and on nearly all occasions the garage forecourt person has come out and checked before allowing refuelling to start. Apparently, we are told, that this method ensures that there is no residual gas contained in the compartment( crazy, as most compartments are vented anyway)!! Hope this helps.
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by matchlessman Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm

For my Symbol I made a bracket and fitted in the top right hand corner of the aperture to the gas cupboard. I wish I had located it slightly further out (seemed like a good idea at the time) as I positioned it to allow the cap to be fitted to the filler, when of course its not needed inside the cupboard. It would be easier to use if it was 1 inch further outboard. I used the cap for positioning (up / down and left/right) as the pump filler goes through the aperture, so as long as the cap fits the filler must fit. It all works fine, once you can get the filler nozzle to 'bite' onto the fittings.

On my previous van (Hymer) it had a big lift up door for the gas cupboard so I drilled a hole in that. You justy need to be aware of the stainless steel 'snake' of a hose which will be flexed every time the door is opened, together with any issues of getting bottles in and out past it.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down